The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

How do you WWE guys feel about last night’s events? Already set the record for most disliked segment ever on YouTube. I’m sure all those will still end up watching.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I've got Rock fatigue

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I watched it, I get why they want the Rock in a match… but unless they audibled to Cody in the Rumble, I don’t understand why they did it now from a storyline standpoint

But that’s the thing, I guess, I think they knew Punk’s injury was serious right away and so they went with Cody

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Just taking a wide view and it seems like Rock is going to put Roman over at WM and then Cody will go over at some point after that, against the guy who has beat everybody, held the title forever, beat the Rock, is the one and only head of the table, to complete his story.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t have a whole lot give a shit for what the smarks and trolls are doing on the internet.

7. chavisut

@emainvol you know anything about the CMLL guys in AEW? I know Mistico is the original Sin Cara.

Also, I wasn’t a fan of the rankings system. Hopefully without Dark the rankings will come off more legit.

8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Mascara Dorada used to be Gran Metalik.

Volador Jr is La Parka’s nephew

I’ve heard of Hechicero but don’t really know anything about him

chavisut likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Hopefully they get more time, the crowd doesn’t know them yet, but lucha libre became a big deal back when WCW was around and could be again if it gets showcased enough

chavisut and justingroves like this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That’s all fine but why wouldn’t Cody want to do it at Wrestlemania? It’s kind poorly written, imo

He just went out there and said “I’m not doing it at Mania, here’s Rock though”

Maybe if they were unifying titles it would work, but why do that now when they just introduced one in April?

But most people probably aren’t critiquing the writing and Rock will pop a number, so they’ll get what they are after.

chavisut likes this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Going to the house show at the Civic Coliseum tonight. I suspect the people watching is going to be next level given that (most of the) tickets started at like 20 bucks.

emainvol likes this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He already headlined Mania though, so that one is kinda crossed off the list. Maybe he doesn’t feel like he needs to do it again. I’m sure there will be a twist or too along the way.

emainvol likes this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

This it one of those times I’d be okay with a Triple Threat

You want to make Cody Rhodes? Have him pin the Rock at Mania then have him beat Roman clean in the rematch whenever

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That unopposed first hour of Nitro was all lucha libre or Malenko/Jericho/Benoit tearing the house down

chavisut likes this.
  15. chavisut

Feel like AEW has definitely turned up the lucha lately, particularly Rampage.

16. chavisut

Well Hechiero impressed against Danielson.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Which one of y'all is wearing the Tennessee hat tonight in Greensboro?

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m cutting [uck fay]ing onions boys. Will always love me some Sting

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Fuuuuuuck

I’m not gonna lie boys, I’m crying like a [itch bay]. AEW got that one right

20. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Good lord it's going to be weird without him. I got a little misty eyed.Huge part of my younger days. Great wrestler and even better person.

#Thankyousting

emainvol likes this.