23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Words to ponder.

MaconVol and The Dooz like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Keep in mind:

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

My lord, he's really that dude.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He hit a 25 footer in Broomes face, and was fouled, then blew by him for the dunk. Got me off my couch pumping my fist and yelling [uck fay] Auburn 4 times. Pretty proud my wife doesn’t care. Think she kinda digs it a little

5. Ssmiff

Bout to rewatch starting at 12 minute mark and listen to Dykes say “this is ridiculous.”

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was surprised to hear Dykes talk about how hot it was in there, I figured it was because I was in the rafters.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

Broome is good but he’s absolutely not equipped to guard DK or anyone else really on the perimeter

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Do you mean DJ Jimmy Dykes?

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I am just enjoying the fact there is a dude we have which can completely turn a game in a way which I can't remember seeing. Lofton did it a few times, most notably the Memphis game here and, of course, Texas. But, Lofton was an undersized shooter and could get physically manhandled at times, the Louisville Sweet 16 game coming to mind.

To have a guy where we just feed him the ball, clear out, like Jordan in the 4th quarter, and he delivers 30 point games with scoring at all three levels is special. My normal sense of a game has been altered because of it, turning the tide because he can score in bunches. We so deserve a long run in March. It's got to happen sometime, right? This is the best scenario I can remember, having a player who just takes over game after game.

Tar Volon likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Jimmy Lesbians as I affectionately call him

11. Ssmiff

We ran the last 12 minutes like he was Luka

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I need to add that to the filter. Seeing Jimmy [Lesbians] pop up occasionally will be almost as funny as [Penis] Cheney

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Funny how auburn fans aren't even mad. They're just like, "damn."

Indy likes this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Can we go back to Bruce's technical because he was mad about the cleanest block in college basketball history?

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

A coach touching a live ball is typically a technical, but he got a pass on the out of bounds pass by auburn that they also called out on tennessee.

16. Ssmiff

yeah I read twitter last night and this morning and fans from around the sec and ncaa giving a lot of respect, and most don’t like Edey and pulling for DK because he’s a true skilled basketball player and not a giant barely moving.

17. Ssmiff

they get away with so much flopping after shots. Lefty guy did it twice. KD just runs into people and yells and flails. That guy didn’t get touched and dove 10 feet sliding backwards. And Pearl bought it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya. Who is the better shooter? Who is the better defender? Who is the better ball handler? Who is more dynamic?

Edey is tallest player of the year. Not player of the year. Anyone being objective can see that.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

20. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

I haven’t seen this posted anywhere, so I’ll drop it here. January 2007, we host a mediocre Auburn team in TBA. Proceed to blow a double digit second-half lead. Trail by 4 with 20-something seconds left. Pearl goes berserk, gets T’d up, and kills any chance at a comeback. To see the mirror image play out in our favor all these years later does my heart good.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.