23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If I haven’t written the team off 5 times before half time I’m not really watching the game. I ride the waves of emotion once the game starts. It’s the only way I know.

3. Ssmiff

thats a big part of what makes big basketball games enjoyable. The one defensive play, tip, rebound or bounce to a shooter that turns the game around and you can see it in faces and body language. Then it switches back. And again and again. Love that part of the game, as long as teams can respond and aren’t like Louisville who just gets their ass whipped every game.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Heck, I can't write teams off even when I really should.

I'm like the oily sax guy at the beginning of Lost Boys. I still believe.

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah that was wild. The first time I thought maybe I missed a foul on a cutting Tennessee player but realized the second time what e were hearing.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

BOOM SHAKALAKA

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I always forget that “fan” is short for “emotionally stable, reasonable, and level headed person.” You’re totally right. You should definitely care so much about what other people are posting during those game chats.

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m just as much of a fan as anybody in here. Being a fan doesn’t mean you have to say stupid shit

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Sports forums live for posts of the stupid shit variety.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Live chat is not the place to look for level headed commentary. If you were sitting with me during a game, you would get the same level of idiotic drivel.

10SEvols, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Go [uck fay]ing Vols!!!

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'll hang up and listen.

14. Ssmiff

if you are freaking out and want protection from a comment talking about you freaking out, post it somewhere else in a safer space for you.

15. Ssmiff

It evidently means “I want to be a little [itch bay] for a bit and don’t want anybody to comment when I am”

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

My experience when I can't watch but peek at this forum: "holy shit we're getting killed, no one can shoot, nobody's defending, refs only call fouls against us, we suck, this the worst we've ever looked".

Go check the score on BR, oh we won comfortably. Cool!

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'd say game commentary is entertaining but not particularly informative.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Lol.

If I can't watch or listen, I very rarely will check a forum (any forum) for my updates. I'll go to a place where I can just get the score.

TennTradition likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Game chat is a bunch of fans sitting around the bar and watching a game together, reacting in real time and [itch bay]ing and moaning with every missed shot and cheering and clapping backs with every made shot.

Poppa T, SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not getting any help from Florida after all--gonna need to win the next two and win it honest.