23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Santi getting zero points today just caps as completely mystifying a season of a Vol player as I can ever remember.

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Maybe it makes me a bad fan, but the Lady Vols thing doesn’t even move the needle for me at all,

And the UK loss just isn’t that big of a deal to me. Still outright SEC champs. Nearly won it late. Hell, it was a 4 point loss, and we have two no question turnovers (Reeves stepping on the line, Shepherd running the base line) that went uncalled. Add that to 52% from 3, and it’s just a fluke loss that happens sometimes. Nothing to get too worked up over and definitely doesn’t make it one of the most brutal days in Tennessee basketball, at least imo. But to each their own, I guess.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Explaining it that way makes a little more sense, I guess. Clarifies what you meant, at least.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I hate losing to those guys. And while I am not especially emotionally invested in the Lady Vols, that is a devastating loss for them.

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

With UNC kicking Duke’s ass currently in Cameron, I’m not so sure they wouldn’t have jumped us to the 1 line anyway even if we had won.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

He’s still super crafty on defense, but he looks like he’s lost a step. Struggles to stay in front of guys. He’s a downright liability on defense at times, and when he’s not making (or even taking) shots, his minutes can just be rough.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If you feel nothing after to losing to really the only team that matters on the basketball schedule every year you are a complete moron but I think everyone already knew that.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That would have been hard to justify.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Wouldn’t be the first time the committee did something unjustified to us.

Indy likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Easy there big guy. No need to show your ass.

They shot an outrageous percentage from 3, and we struggled to hit shots. And we still nearly beat them. I can live with that.

It’s not like we played terribly. Didn’t turn the ball over a ton or anything. Didn’t get dominated on the boards or get out hustled. We played well, aside from missing shots, and they just went off. No idea why anyone would get so bent out of shape over that.

11. Unimane

Why he's lost a step is the mystery, among other things. He's 22, not 32. He must've had some kind of nagging injury or something.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dickinson went to the locker room with an injury. Would never hope for a kid to miss significant time, but if he’s going to, getting Kansas as our 3 might be a blessing.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Could also just be the athleticism of SEC guards. I didn’t really start notice it until the last month, and there are a lot of good ones this season. Guess that could also point to injury, though. But you’d think you’d see that in a limp or something.

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Herss the thing, Wednesday night he played about as good as he has all year. May not have scored many but he came out of a half dozen crowds with rebounds.

i don’t know.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Watched the Lady Vols clip and laughed at first. Thought “why on earth would they ever leave someone that wide open?”

Then I saw that it was not only the first 3 she’s taken all season… it’s the first 3 she’s taken since her 5th game of her freshmen year (she’s a senior now).

That really is brutal.

16. Unimane

I mean, he's been here 5 years. If he was in over his head as a guard, then it would've shown up prior to now. He was the #1 scoring option on a Sweet 16 team and first team All-SEC last year. Now he's getting single digit points every game. It doesn't make any sense. I know Knecht is a generational talent, but Santi should be his Robin. It's unfathomable.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

you should calm down a little. We literally won the title 3 days ago and playing against a hot team fighting for sec seeding, where we are already set. They shot out of their minds and nothing you can do in hoops when it happens
    And if I may suggest, .maybe show up for the first 30 games on this thread before coming in after an L and calling somebody a moron.

Indy likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It absolutely sucks losing to them, but knowing that we’re SEC champs and they’re not stitches that wound pretty well.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I've been here bro. I just dont see a need to post 8 million times. Matters none how or why we lose to them in basketball, I hate losing to them. Not sure why that's a big deal, but anyway. I shouldn't have called Indy a moron.

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it’s all good.