23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Outscored them by 2 in the second half. Just dug too deep a hole.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

People put way too much stock into these talking head guy who have no actual say in the bracketing.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Because every time he tried to do anything inside early he got hammered to where by the end of the game he had regressed back to his passive self. I saw it more today than I have in a while.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He missed 37 2 foot shots against SC at home. He’s just what he is

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yup, and then he more or less played well to great for a month until UK.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What stock am I putting into him?

The dude gets paid a likely absurd amount of money to be bad at nearly every part of his job. He can’t write, he’s embarrassingly awkward on TV/video, and his logic is often impossible to follow (though it’s probably less logic and more the committee feeding him nonsense).

I just don’t like the guy. Don’t like the idea of him getting any satisfaction from anything, especially at our expense.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Shakespeare tried to warn us.

"Beware the Ides of March."

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’d also be lying if I said I wasn’t at least a little bothered by the conference tournament not mattering when we win it but mattering when we don’t.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That was a veritable shit stain of a performance. Hard not to be very concerned following the UK performance.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

feel as you wish but we didn’t play terrible against Ky. Scored 81. They hit 15/29 3s and nothing you can do when that happens. Today was different and not similar to Ky at all imo

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

We shot the ball terribly in the first half against KY, if I remember correctly. That’s 3 terrible shooting halves out of the last 4.

12. TennTradition

It’s two games in a row where we’ve come out flat and dug a hole. Kentucky couldn’t hold us back as well defensively and thus the closer game.
    Thai was a shit performance.

Unimane likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the 1 seed has now lost in the QFs in 4 of the last 6 years

14. TennTradition

15. Ssmiff

Down 4 at half against a team with 2 top 10 picks shooting 50% from 3 isn’t digging a hole imo or a shit performance but whatever.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think coming in cold with a big target on your back is part of it.

17. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

State has grown men at every position. They are bigger stronger and just as quick. When teams have a guy like Jeffries or Thiero at UK, they can matchup with DK. I would love to have bruisers in the post again (good ones).

Since the Auburn game we are around 100th in offensive efficiency. That will get you knocked out in the 2nd round. We were hovering around top 10 and have since dropped to 30ish.

18. Ssmiff

I still can’t believe Santi. He’s gone Jordan Howell. He, zz and jjj all had wide ass open 3s in first half and may have been 0-12. Those step in 3s with nobody on him were probably going in 80% of the time for Santi and now feels like 20%.
    If you are missing 3s you have to go inside and get to ft line but we need to hit the weights, except Tobe, he needs someone to teach him not to be dumb on the court. Pump and go up and get 2 fts. He didn’t want the ball.

19. Ssmiff

And for kesling sake please stop going up for dunks and just showing shotblockers the ball. Break their [uck fay]ing hand or wrist on the rim. Crank it.

20. TennTradition

I didn’t feel Kentucky was a shot performance.

The “that” was referring to what we just saw.

But Kentucky was not good.