23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

That Knecht missed dunk to end the game was a chef’s kiss.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I see on social media the regular season Rick folk are out in force and most have been waiting 6 months for an L in March. They literally live for it.

3. Ssmiff

There’s no debate about today. Can’t get killed in paint and shoot 18% from 3 on same day.

4. Ssmiff

Just saw Purdue highlights. They were tied in 50s with a minute ish left and hit an open 3, same shot we missed 25 times today.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I hope he wins a natty most because I’m a dyed-in-the-wool Vols fan, second-most because he seems like a good guy, and third-most because these people need to shut the hell up.

SetVol13, IP and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I feel you on 1 & 2.

But 3? That type of individual will never shut up. They will just change the narrative, so they can convince themselves that their grievance is righteous. There will always be a "reason" to be miserable, but it "ain't my fault". [uck fay] them.

I would change 3 to the kids deserve it.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

You are right, of course, but I’d still love them to be terribly wrong.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The people already [itch bay]ing about a loss that hasn’t happened yet kill me. There’ll be plenty of time for it if it actually happens

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

There are 349 teams?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I share this because that isn't tired legs and that isn't Barnes. That is on the players.

10SEvols likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

if we were running a shit offense and shot clock violations or horrible shots at the end of the clock, it’d be a different deal. When we have 25 open 3s, and 4 shooters who should shoot around 35-40% going 2/22 in first half or whatever it was, there’s no one else to blame.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So why are the players suddenly unable to make shots now? The drop off has happened in March, right? Why March?

And why can’t it be tired legs? Not saying it is tired legs, just wondering what leads you to rule it out. Seems that a steep decline in shooting percentages late in the season could reasonably be attributed to tired legs.

15. Ssmiff

We scored 92/81/81 in 3 of last 4 games before today.

Tar Volon likes this.
  16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is a given.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Arizona loses again. I wonder if this makes us the 1st 2-seed instead of the 2nd and puts us in the bracket with Carolina rather than Houston.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Is the S-curve even a thing anymore? I think lately the committee has been more concerned about keeping high seeds as close to home as possible.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Lunardi has us in the Midwest now with Purdue and Creighton as the #3 seed. Would be a tough, but manageable, Sweet 16 (provided we get there).

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Forgive me for jumping on the pile but it is kind of inevitable. I don't fault people for feeling that way even though I love watching his teams during the season.

As someone who likes and appreciates everything he's done for Tennessee, I can easily acknowledge the fact that his greatest weakness is fostering a climate that builds chemistry within the locker room. It is what it is and I still wouldn't trade him for some unknown upandcomer.