23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Right, right. If anything, I was reserved. Volume level is irrelevant.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I don’t know how people watch games like this and talk Barnes in March, because we schemed up open look after open look after open look. But past failures getting in our heads is certainly a possible explanation, and I really hope that showing we can win without an amazing shooting performance gives us confidence going forward.

Creighton can shoot the eyes out, but no matter who we play on Friday, they will be a worse rebounding team than Texas, who we abused on the boards. Oregon and Creighton are both bottom half nationally.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

The boys in (real) orange are happy tonight.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I can't decide if I think this is the game you get in the tourney where shit goes sideways and you just have to find a way to win or if the shooting woes portend for a team feeling the moment for another struggle next week.

In any event, I'm just happy we won. Play better next week and we have a great chance to do something special.

tvolsfan, IP, A-Smith and 1 other person like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I thought we couldn't do it again but we did. Now we just need to get on a roll. I think this game will be big confidence boost.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Same.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

My oldest son told my wife that "the baby is never going to sleep if dad doesn't quit cussing at Aidoo".

A-Smith, Poppa T and Ssmiff like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we were prepared and got tf after them. Just missed early again and it’s more contagious for us than a lot of teams. If we are 2/20 and we have open 3 with the right guy I still want them taking it. It’s March. Afraid to shoot means you are done. The one DK made and JJJ made were the most contested ones all night.

10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I've trained our dog not to get scared.

11. Ssmiff

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IP and A-Smith like this.
  13. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

All I can say is THANK GOD Texas doesn’t have a real coach.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Again we won. But I think the general frustration is how Barnes is a noted defensive coach and when we lose, we are usually stone cold on offense. And we generally were tonight. But we shot FTs very well and the defense was really sharp in 1st half. We missed a lot of shots up close and that’s not on Barnes.

I am just not going to complain tonight. We manufactured a win and I don’t care how it looked. We play next weekend. That’s all that matters.

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Updated:

17-0 when shooting 34% or better from deep.

7-2 when shooting 29-34%.

1-6 when shooting 13-29%

1-0 when shooting less than 13%

tvolsfan and CardinalVol like this.
  16. yont sum iss?

Barnes said at the end that he told the team it would come down to the last 2 minutes. Why would you say that to your team? A mediocre shooting night and you win that game by 20. Why even put that shit in their heads?

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Found this floating around the internet. IMG_0497.jpeg

18. Ssmiff

ZZ played all 40

Indy likes this.
  19. yont sum iss?

How is our shooting so broken? How does that even happen?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Texas who got a tech should have gotten ejected.

You all say texas' coach sucked, but he flipped control of the game at the end by getting Aidoo to the line down 1 with 25 seconds left.

Indy likes this.