23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I mean no disrespect and have no ill-will, but a family member or partner needs to talk to him about doing something different with his hair. He could do so many things. This isn't one of the things he should do.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah this may be a limitation of the database and not the history.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So who do we want to win this one?

4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

If we come out and shoot well and win the next one…it might get special around here. Team of destiny vibes if we bounce back strong from that offensive disaster that we got away with. That was the definition of survive and advance.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Partly, but partly it was fouling 3 times in a row to get Tennessee to the bonus and then covering everyone else.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And I screamed WHAT ARE YOU DOING at the top of my lungs.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

at the same time... Aidoo hit them both and probably should be a lot better of a FT shooter than the stats indicate.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

There was something like 35 seconds left. He should have been fired if they didn't foul 3 times and played it out. We could have also inbounded into the backcourt since we knew they were fouling. Self-inflicted IMO.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can we talk about how every team we play suddenly outperforms their free throw shooting percentages? Did Texas even miss one in the second half? At one point they were 10/10.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay fine, I'll downgrade the win to a win.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Does Charlotte have tight rims?

12. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

She doesn’t any more

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He shot 82% as a freshman and 75% last year, I’m not sure how he became a 62% FT shooter this year. Granted, he’s shooting a lot more of them this year, so it could be he had a run of good luck in previous seasons. But he has too good a stroke to shoot 62%

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watching Oregon-Creighton... It is hard to say how either would react to our defense. Because they are letting each other just kind of walk it down to the half court.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Feel like every one of us had a school teacher who looked like Dana Altman

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

My position has been "[uck fay] Texas, our awful shooting and the refs gave them everything they got"

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think Dante for Oregon would be a problem for us. Not sure who we want here.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what to make of the officiating. They can't always be against us... right?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think I want whichever one we don't get.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think Oregon is more limited offensively than Creighton, but Dante scares the living shit out of me. I can't decide who I'd prefer to play. Probably roll the dice with Oregon because I think we can be more effective shutting them down.