23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Right now, I still thinks UConn repeats, but Purdue may very well have inherited the Team of Destiny title from 2019 Virginia.

Clingan v Edey for the title would be one hell of a bully ball throwback

Tar Volon likes this.
  2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We made 11 threes and they only made 3. Never would’ve imagined an L if told before tip that was going to happen.

They have Asian Shaq and we don’t. Whatever. It be like that sometimes

Proud as hell of these guys. They were a blast this year.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My father….who coached a lot of basketball and won a lot, used to tell me as a kid that if a big man played the whole game and didn’t have 3 fouls he didn’t play hard.

All I want is a fair fight. We didn’t get one today. All things considered we did all we could.

Proud and heartbroken.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, as much as I [itch bay] about Barnes, props to him for getting us to the Elite 8 and what would have been the Final Four and a shot at the title game with an even whistle today.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We couldn’t go inside. Mashack not an O threat. Zz off and tired, which affected how many shots other guys took. All season starter in santi on bench. That leaves jjj and gainey for points. Those guys get shots off scrambles or penetration kick outs. DK had to take over. We just needed a few stops and the late 3 by Purdue was huge.

Tar Volon likes this.
  6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Also, it's bullshit that they put college kids at a mic in front of the media after losing a game like this and the refs that changed the outcome of the game are probably already back at their hotel.

Refs should haven to sit up there and answer questions every game just like the coaches and players. I think that would change some of this bullshit.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Honestly, the game was lost in the last 5 min of the 1st half and first 5 min of the 2nd half.

We needed to take a lead into half, and free throws going into the half made it impossible. And then we needed to stay out of the bonus as long as possible in the 2nd but had 5 fouls already 4:30 minutes in.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The whole “Edey as a skilled player” talk track is hilarious too.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

It’ll be an outright comedy watching refs try to officiate Edey vs Duke if it happens.

justingroves, tvolsfan, IP and 3 others like this.
  10. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can't decide if it would set a record for FTs in a game or just be a bloodbath because they refuse to call fouls on either team.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Honestly hoped Purdue took an L because they were the only team I didn’t think we could beat. Hard to overcome shooting 41 fts to 81 in 2 games vs them and bing jo inside game means no inside out game where JJj and gainey, etc can get shots.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

13. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

We defended the arc like we needed to. Still have to play the game beyond the refs, but we were 7-11 from the line while Eden alone was 14-22. Just call it even and we win. What he is allowed to do while getting touch fouls is an embarrassment to college basketball

IP, HCKevinSteele, Poppa T and 2 others like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Played them twice this year on a neutral court and came up two possessions short both times. Just couldn't keep them off the line or off the glass. One of the two and we might've been there at the end.

15. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I liked when Barkley said after the game he will look forward to seeing Knecht next year, nothing about Edey.

16. CardinalVol

My guess is this is one time he didn't say what he was really thinking.

justingroves and Poppa T like this.
  17. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

I would bet on that.

18. CardinalVol

LOL, fair.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Shit start times, being in the wrong region, and obviously one-sided officiating all did us in.

Solid counter punch, 'AA.

20. Ssmiff

What a surprise ride DK took us on. That was an enjoyable few months. I’m gonna be bored to damn death now