Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Maybe not Molly Miller but another solid candidate

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

D1 Rookie Coach of the Year, a year or two after winning a DII title.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

She took Marshall from 8-8 to 17-1 in conference in one year. Seems like the real deal

IP likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

“Pat Summitt Trophy (WBCA NCAA Division II National Coach of the Year): 2021-22”

Welp, she’s the one. This like when your uncle gets married and everyone loves her more than him. She’s not technically in the family, but she’s in the family.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Head coach record says she is a winner.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I see what you did there. Well played!

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Seems like UK got a good coach. So you need to do better than them.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'd like to see Molly Holly imo jmo

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The Kentucky men would never hire a coach 2 years removed from D2 ball, even if it was a D2 champion.

Maybe she could turn out to be the Josh Heupel of basketball for all I know. Marshall did average 85 points a game this year.

But I at 35 did not envision this job going to someone younger than me.

It’s going to be a tough sell if she ends up the hire and doesn’t win big quickly, or God forbid she misses the tournament - which the LV program has never done.

It would be pretty disappointing if we had to go this far down the board to get someone to say yes.

We’ll likely find out in the next 48 to 72 hours.

10. CardinalVol

If we can't hit a home run (Gottlieb, Staley, or Hammon), I'd much rather go after the young hot shot rather than the 20 year folks who have been to a final for and otherwise a 32 or 16 coach.

InVolNerable, HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you at 35 is going to have to get used to seeing people younger than you getting big time shots.

emainvol, SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s going to be Caldwell.

This will either be a GOAT hire or a goat hire. No middle ground here.

13. CardinalVol

Kim Caldwell it is.

14. CardinalVol

From Volquest article -

"Marshall led the country in 3-pointers attempted and was third in 3-pointers made. It was also third in turnover margin and second in forced turnovers throughout the season."

Exciting, high octane ball. Yup, I see why DW liked her.

Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Honestly a bit shocked he couldn’t pull a bigger name. Hopefully she can recruit at a high level.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This is like hiring someone fresh out of college to be CEO of Apple, albeit maybe someone who graduated summa cum laude. The risk will scare the shit out of your shareholders. In 5 years you will either be a total genius or a total idiot.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

(Also for those who participated in the Molly Miller meme, she is kind of hot.)

18. CardinalVol

I mean, she plays an exciting brand of ball, and..........

[​IMG]

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Only if Apple had been completely run into the ground and since lost almost their entire market share to companies that didn’t even exist during Apple’s heyday.

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Well, hopefully, we have another Bo Ryan on our hands. Ryan was insanely successful in D3 (And from my area - played against his son) and was obviously successful at the highest level, too.