The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He can’t sit in the paint due to defensive 3 seconds as well as having to guard.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Richard is more likely

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I think Painter coached him not to risk it too much. There were several times last night when a UConn guard drove for a layup that I thought he could/should have been able to block but he didn’t even try.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Yeah, they have too much pride to beg for him to come back.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Funny thing is he would do it in a blink and would probably get another title before retiring.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

8m6gp6.jpg

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He looked exhausted to me.

Plus they kept catching him in no man's land. Go for block or stay with his man. Opens up a world of possibilities if your 5 can actually catch the basketball.

8. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Cal officially gone now.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

#bringbackbillyclyde

utvol0427 likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rumor was that he actually tried to leverage a raise out of UK based on the Arky offer. And they said no thanks. That is why there was an awkward lull between the news breaking, confirmation, and now it being official.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

He could communicate/tamper with the Kentucky roster and recruits while he was still officially their coach, and I guess he could have tried to force them to negotiate a buyout if he just refused to leave. I can't believe that there was a scenario where he would stay after the Arkansas news got out.

12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I saw that too, but it doesn't make a lot of sense. All the reports in the past 72 hours have stated that Cal will be taking a pay cut to go to Arkansas. Obviously, Kentucky isn't going to give him a raise if he has an offer for less money from Arkansas.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think he was banking on players backing out of commitments and transferring and not much of that has happened yet. I think one of their best players even said he was 100% committed. Just my guess. I still think he was gone no matter what, he is pretty fed up. Might have been more to get more out of Arky than anything.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Arkansas finished the season 16-17 but still received votes on the final AP poll that was just released. I know polls are meaningless, but that's beyond the pale.

NashVol11 and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is outrageous and people should have to defend their votes on camera. It ought to be hung around their neck.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you think this is outrageous, go check out the recent Stephen A Smith info in the NBA thread.

Dude literally said he likes what he's seeing from a guy on the Knicks lately, when that guy hasn't played for the Knicks in months. Also mentioned, in the same conversation, that he liked what they were getting from another player off the bench, when that player has been starting since December.

The guy is a Knicks "fan" and has an MVP vote. How can he be trusted to vote for MVP when he doesn't even know what's happening with the team of which he claims to be a fan?

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Agreed, this is just another example of it's about who you know.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

20. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member