The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Iowa and Indiana have always been known for good players. Iowas state champ would likely blow out tn state champ.
    If they’ve got so many AAs and nba players, there’s obviously competition as they were playing against each other.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

-lot of kids from the SE prefer to stay closer to home. Entirely different culture and landscape I assume same for kids up there. Probably quite a number of tn kids though go up and play Ivy League in the NE.
    -NY is a pro ball state. College football doesn’t mean much up there. Cant compare a Saturday up there to SEC. Basketball much bigger.
    - and yes areas of NY produce kids like ZZ who grew up playing in games on courts that aren’t played in the SE, taking buses and trains 2 hours just to practice or play. Different breed of basketball players for many for sure up there from how they grew up and who they grew up playing against. Send wmsn county POY up there for some games and he may not score a point. He hasn’t seen the type of athlete and attitude on the floor in mid tn as he would see up there.
    Hs ball in some areas of US is incredible. I was watching a few weeks back and wife asked what college tourney it was. She couldn’t believe it was HS after watching ball around here.
    -there are also ridiculous players and athletes playing on courts in NY who couldn’t or didn’t go the HS/college route. Hoops up there is huge. NY state ha basketball game atmospheres are like none other.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I agree with you in the sense that you mean it. We can call it whatever you like but there are differences that make different groups better or worse at certain things. This is not debatable. Why that’s the case is more complicated but it’s ok to acknowledge it.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Humans are individuals, not groups.

5. HCKevinSteele

If you have a cogent point to make, please make it. Humans are individuals, yes. Obviously. Humans also can easily and neatly fit into groups based on where they live, used to live, language they speak, foods they eat, beliefs they hold, how they celebrate, how they grieve, how/if they worship, how they fight or anyone one of countless other things. And no individual is defined by whatever group or groups they come from or belong to. But to ignore that groups do exist and believe all humans are born a blank slate indistinguishable from any other is gross and inhuman.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Humans do not neatly fit into racial groups. That is a cogent point i have repeatedly made.

emainvol likes this.
  7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Aden Holloway just announced he’s transferring from Auburn to Bama. Holy shit. There might be another Malice at the Palace when he returns to the Barn next year.

8. HCKevinSteele

I doubt it. He wasn’t as good as expected. If he lives up to the hype at Bama I don’t think people are going to hate him materially more than they would any other Bama player. It would be different if he had been a significant contributor/ crucial part of the team.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How [uck fay]ing old is Hunter Dickenson? Why is a 7-1 All-American afraid to go to the NBA?

10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Next year will only be his fifth season. I don’t know if it’s so much that he’s scared as it is he’s been projected as a late second round pick or even an undrafted free agent. NIL with Kansas is probably much more than he’d get as a pro next season.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s known. Been hating on his ass since he was at Arizona

OneForVol likes this.