Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Time to rename the arena.

I also appreciate the answer she gave John Adams today. Was another check in her column.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
    justingroves likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The quasi Summit stare after she answered was also top notch. Beautiful.

justingroves and TDVol1989 like this.
  3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

So she won the press conference. That's a better start than DIAPOS, Trumpet blower and Cuonzo.

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Don’t forget that Richard G West broke the story. Also had Milton sitting out the bowl game first

5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

There’s only one definition of first.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

So this seems like a silly thing to be arguing about, but we have plenty of precendent here so I will proceed. The spidermen tweet didn't say she got the job. Her name had already been published in at least a couple of articles as a candidate. Trusted go to source RGW News was the first to say she had the job afaik.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

All I’m seeing on his Twitter timeline is a Friday post that she was in negotiations for the job. I don’t see where he said she actually had the job. Best I can tell those reports, that she had been hired, didn’t start coming out until Sunday.

And if you really want to get silly we could argue about whether or not he got her name wrong in that tweet.

A-Smith likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Arguing about whether or not RGW got it right first. WATTBA

justingroves, Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Off season. Standard procedure.

IP likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean, RGW is now breaking news. That’s not standard

SetVol13 and A-Smith like this.
  13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"When a trolling post turns out to be real."

Epic levels of e-cred gained. Will now be go-to interwebz guy for all things sports related.

It will be awesome.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My two sports news sources are him and a dude named Stoerner Fumbles.

15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

No judgement here.

Mine is the 8th and my son (not in any particular order). Occasionally I will reach out to my KnoxVegas connections.

I understand SF is quite the insider.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Oh Lawd, she went out and hired the Cuban version of Vitello.

Between KC herself and Lazo, there seems to be an all out effort to draw younger fans into the program, whether for basketball reasons or otherwise.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

My papaw (he's 95 so keep that in mind) talked to Kelly last week. She said she was blindsided and devastated. Didn't see it coming at all. Not sure why she didn't. She said she didn't know what she would do next. He told her that she'd still be there if they had guarded that SC shooter. Lol. Idk if that made her mad but apparently not that mad. She hung around there talking to him for 2-3 hours. That's really about all I know that was said.

SetVol13 and Ssmiff like this.
  20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He may have been joking but he’s not wrong. I really do believe she would’ve been retained had they not blown that SC game.

DW waited until the first day her buyout got cut in half to pull the plug. Pretty cold, but financially smart. No reason to light an extra 1.1 million on fire if you don’t have to.