The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not sure why Tony didn’t just show it on social media 7 months ago if he wanted to show it, but it got us a good FTR promo at least.

They are gambling way too hard on Jack Perry being able to deliver a good promo when he comes back

Otherwise, anyone that says that moved the needle for them one way or another is lying to you. It was just kinda… there

It was basically just a waste of a midcard segment

justingroves likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It wasn’t for the title. TK has the same problem WWE had about 5-6 years ago in that he refuses to just call things “non-title” matches and go by the awesome NJPW rule that if you pin the champion in any match you get a shot

But therein lies the problem, you don’t want to be what WWE was for the latter half of the 2010s. So [uck fay]ing stop it

chavisut and justingroves like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The video showed us that the skirmish was exactly what Punk said it was.

6. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Have no big issue with the booking of this one. Some make sense, some are annoying.

Side note- Rhodes can absolutely go for his age.

emainvol likes this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah, and without audio, which we’ll never have, we will never know who was right and who was wrong or if both of them were just in the wrong

So it was pointless. I am 100% blaming TK on this one. If it were the Bucks idea they would have promised to show the footage then made it a big troll where it was just parody footage or something. They are best when the are playing douchey heels because that’s honestly what they are, and I think they did the best they could do with what the boss handed them

It’s time to hand the wrestling and production side of the company to a group of guys that includes Copeland, Bryan, Schiavone, Taz, Joe, Mox, etc and for him to only show up for actual big announcements. And he should stay off social media while he’s at it.

That said all this snap “this is WCW 2000” or “this was the Fingerpoke of Doom” crap on social media is pretty ridiculous too. It was a bad segment, it wasn’t even in the neighborhood of the old WCW bullshit

Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    chavisut and justingroves like this.
  8. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t mind the match being there, I just don’t know why you have to call it a “Title Eliminator” match. That just makes it confusing or like it’s something bigger than it actually is.

But Swerve looked like a star again, so anything that gets us to more Swerve is fine I suppose

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah it wasn't Russo bad but what's the payoff?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Tony isn’t dumb enough to not realize it would cause Punk chants, so I have to assume he either wanted them or didn’t care

It’s obviously for the FTR angle and presumably to bring back Perry. I guess he thinks Perry can get over as a shit heel with the crowd chanting Punk at him? Seems like a real big gamble on a guy that’s never shown much promise on the mic.

But Okada and PAC don’t deserve to have to deal with that shit.

justingroves likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Ospreay v Danielson was an all timer

chavisut likes this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

WHOSE HOUSE?

chavisut likes this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Alright. I rewatched the Jack Perry return and I was wrong when I said the All In footage wouldn’t help anyone. That’s probably the biggest pop he’s ever gotten and it landed really well with social media.

14. chavisut

Yup.

Looks like they had a plan afterall.

15. chavisut

Absolutely great show.

Ospreay v Danielson will be a MOTY contender.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Still not sure how I feel about the angle, but I feel great about TK keeping the kayfabe alive

And he managed to get AEW a rub during a high ratings program.

justingroves and chavisut like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Tony doesn't need to be on television.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No execs do, but a bunch of them work their way in anyway. Just something we have to deal with.

I’d rather him do what he did than be the oppressing authority figure though, that’s absolutely certain.

19. chavisut

I’m sorry but that’s great and fun. Apparently Eisen mentioned Jack Perry too.

I imagine Omega is about to get jumped in Winnipeg this week.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I think he is going to have to have a similar surgery to what I had, so he's gonna be out for at least another 2-3 months if it goes well

justingroves likes this.