POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And what was naive about me saying that voters’ disdain for the man isn’t without reason?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

100%

3. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, a lot of the turnout this time is gonna be about abortion rights. We’ve seen that time and time again over the last couple years

zehr27 likes this.
  4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dem voters aren’t likely to agree with many Trump policies, so while what is driving them to the polls isn’t necessarily policy, it is absolutely their reason for voting for Biden when they get there

IP likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

They may not even agree with Biden policies, but find them more palatable than the alternative!

emainvol likes this.
  6. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And you have just described me on a large number of issues

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

im saying its a bigger reason than policy. I’d really be interested to know the %s on each side who know very little to nothing about specific policies and just vote for D or R so the other guy won’t win.
    It’s their vote and they can vote for whoever they want and for whatever reasons. I would not suggest otherwise.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ya see I don’t agree. Maybe ip, you and uni can honestly say that but you aren’t the normal voter. You are the outliers. Imo the majority who vote for Biden are just doing it as the lesser of 2 evils from their viewpoint.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

But to a Dem voter, policy is going to be a big reason why Biden is the lesser of two evils. That’s why they are a Dem voter.

That said, candidates are always going to play a role in driving turnout. Trump just happens to drive it to some extent on both sides. It was the same with Hillary. This cycle you are gonna see the same thing, but also see a huge number of women turn out because of reproductive rights.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would say 95% are doing it as the lesser of two evils, sure

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

False and you know it. They have tons of videos asking people that are voting for Biden what his policies are and they can't name a single one. A lot of times they just respond about how they hate Trump.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

All in how you frame it. I'm told bs that isn't anyone's policies are their policies almost daily. To me, that is even worse. Voting republican because democrats want abortions up to and after birth is something repeated by Trump. Not at all true, and anyone voting for him because of it isn't voting for policy but for a lie.

And videos are selective. I have never seen a Trump voter video where they made a lick of sense either.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Trump voters do the same but I wasn't dumb enough to say they vote for him based 100% on his policies because that is not true and I know that.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

My favorite is this guy that talks to Biden voters and tells them how much he loves this policy or that and they agree and then he tells them it's actually a Trump policy. I have seen it done the other way as well. It's classic.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're voting 100% against policies

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Well it’s not 100%, but yeah voting against enormously unpopular policies is certainly a big part of why Trump may have a chance.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tons of people don't even know a single policy about either candidate. They just don't want a dimensia patient or a criminal.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

May? Everything tangible is enormously unpopular.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

95% of the people voting only look for R or D. Beyond that, they don't have a clue.

zehr27 likes this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think that is true. Those letters mean something to them, policy-wise generally and they are picking against the other.