The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

He transferred there recently but was the #1 player as a Maine HS kid

2. NashVol11

Exactly, and not even a difficult concept

3. NashVol11

Saying a football player who faced weak HS competition won’t be good because of the state he’s from would also be very dumb. Much like Bama RBs being busts because their line is too good

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Yet even with that slow shot he had offers from Gonzaga, Arizona, Oregon among a lot of others. Good to know that Few, Lloyd, and Altman don’t know basketball.

InVolNerable and NashVol11 like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its been discussed for years, for example the big OL out of MUS, who played no D1 defenders in his HS career. Weak HS comp in a weak HS division compared to others.
    And it showed.
    Your continued bama rb comparisons make no sense.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

You can’t draft Aaron Rodgers because he played for Jeff Tedford, and all of Tedford’s quarterbacks have been busts.

InVolNerable and NashVol11 like this.
  7. Ssmiff

You realize coaches miss about half the time or no?

8. NashVol11

For another example, Patrick Willis, who was a 2 star recruit playing much worse competition than MUS does and dominated the SEC. Good talk

InVolNerable likes this.
  9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

What’s your miss rate?

SetVol13, IP, The Dooz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Ssmiff

it’s hit or miss

InVolNerable likes this.
  11. NashVol11

If they miss it won’t be because you realized he shoots from his chin and is from Utah and they all just missed that

12. Ssmiff

Appears you are saying this dude will be one of the best to ever play his position in college and pro. I’m not seeing it.
    Not suprised you do though.

13. Ssmiff

does he have a low release or doesn’t he?

14. NashVol11

It may appear that way if you can’t read. Clearly lack of HS competition wasn’t a death knell for him.

LOL at the notion that if someone with bad HS competition played poorly it’s meaningful, but if someone in that situation dominated it’s dismissed

15. Ssmiff

Level of competition is a common topic. There’s a few reasons why coaches like Fl, ga and Tx players and one of them is because they play against the best HS comp

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

2 whole pages of shitting on this kid without once mentioning that he's white, despite everyone knowing that matters way more than which state he's from. Impressive.

17. NashVol11

It’s a common topic and people commonly view those who dismiss anyone from a smaller state out of hand as idiots

18. Ssmiff

He played against shit hs comp and hasn’t played in 2 years. I’m used to Ky recruiting players prepping for the nba. This dude will never sniff the nba. I’m totally fine with Ky focusing on 6’4 white kids from whiteville who haven’t played in a couple years. Take em all.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Knecht just came from Greeley, CO which always smells like cow shit, and now we are already pretending like race is a real thing again and small places can't produce big time players. Cool.

NashVol11 and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. Ssmiff

And how many Dks have you seen in the sec in your life? One.
    Your comment about race is pc bs. The issue is you can’t be honest enough to discuss it, so skip it.
    60% of ncaa basketball players are black while black men account single digit % of US citizens.
    Yeah, race isn’t a real thing…must be why there’s a lot of talk about first white cb drafted this year in the nfl since Jason Sehorn. Must be just one big coincidence. Hell we were fired up about playing Iowa because they had a generally all white and slow ass defense compared to sec lbs and dbs.
    Give me a schedule against 25 all white teams or v all black teams and I’m choosing the former if I’m paid to win. If I want the best comp, I’m choosing the latter.