The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't pc bs, it is science. You hate that.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Moran kid probably has a strong pump fake.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

science says race doesn’t matter? Is that why the vast majority of elite sprinters are black? Just a coencidence like there being no white cbs drafted is? I also don’t believe there are any Mormon nba players.
    I don’t hate science. I’m more disturbed by people who deny what’s right in front of there face.

4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Sam Merrill of the Cavs is Mormon. He played against all that that terrible high school competition in Utah. Then somehow became an all-American at Utah State. Besides him, there have been plenty of Mormon players that played in the league over the years.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must love magic shows.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're going to suck, though.

7. Ssmiff

a handful among 1000s of players

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Got to be a troll.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Someone should have informed this kid that he’s white before he made this terrible mistake.

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Again it’s a discussion about race not all are able to discuss. Takes people being honest and u aren’t capable.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

So true. Not all are able to discuss that race is a social and cultural construct, cherry-picking only the individuals in a group who fit a stereotype of features and ignoring those who don't.

12. Ssmiff

You bring up Estrella from Maine and want to talk about cherry picking? There have been maybe 5 decent nba Utah bred Mormon players in the last 5 decades and you say I’m cherry picking. interesting.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

To be fair, Rodgers sat on the bench for 3 years likely unlearning everything he learned from Tedford.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"[uck fay], we shoulda looked into this kid a little closer"

NashVol11 likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Probably because there is a less than 1% chance of any given hs football prospect being from utah, and the vast majority of prospects are not even recruited by tennessee at all with diminishing likelihood the further one gets from the southeast?

NashVol11 likes this.
  16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

And I’m the one that struggles with objective truths lmao. Willfully stupid.

17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Y’all are talking past each other imo. The below can all be true at the same time:

-All else equal a person who plays the best of the best in high school is more likely to be successful than someone who plays weak competition
    -Even controlling for level of competition, certain positions (body types) are far more likely to be from certain places purely due to demographic disparities
    -You can’t dismiss any one play out of hand because there are tons of outliers out there

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Saying he's white after saying he's from Utah and Mormon would be redundant.

dknash likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Genetics doesn't lie. It isn't a biological trait

20. Ssmiff

Numbers on a graph. Again I hope Ky keeps going to get players from the Rocky Mountain area to fill their roster. Idaho, Utah….go get them and load up. I’d like to see us go on a 10 yr run without a loss to Ky.

Attached Files: