POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think so, but it wasn't him finishing 85th in law school, or the nature he did, which made his career.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He made his career promising to right injustices and then never delivering, same as her, he’s just had a few more decades to get it done.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. Unimane

He's made his career as a politician, which wasn't based on his graduation rank in college or even his degree, really. Criticism of Biden is obviously fine, but he actually has delivered on a lot of things over the years, good, bad, or otherwise. Meanwhile, Gaines has parlayed her great "harm" in tying a trans swimmer into an invective campaign against trans people all over the media, nothing else. Her status is based upon that 5th place finish against Thomas. Regardless of political affiliation, it's not remotely the same thing.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Which part(s) of her tweet is true?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

-men could be housed in dorm rooms with women
    - students and faculty MUST compel their speech by requiring the use of preferred pronouns

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You’re either saying she doesn’t deserve to advocate for women’s sports because she wasn’t good enough as a collegiate athlete or that she wasn’t wronged seriously enough to be permitted to point out the absurdity of a college-aged male swapping over to the female ranks. Neither makes a bit of sense.

And Biden has repeatedly attempted to inject some personal harm he’s suffered as a reason he understands what victims he’s tasked with serving are going through. Some of those claims have been wildly exaggerated or outright false, although his most recent gaffes could definitely be attributed to his cognitive decline.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am completely loss on what he is trying to say.

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

If you want to pick at wording/phrasing, say it’s inflammatory, etc, we can maybe have a conversation.

But it’s all true.

9. Unimane

I’m trying to say your contention of the two is very strained. She's a singular focused based on the fact she pitched a fit over not getting her medal for finishing fifth in a race. Biden is an elected official who operates like any other politician in saying he understands you. But, he isn’t on some personal crusade because he had an entitled reaction to losing something.

10. Unimane

Why? It isn’t a particularly complicated point.

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Give it one more shot. What are trying to say when comparing Gaines to Biden?

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Entitled reaction is a hell of a way to put it. Worked as a college athlete for four years and gets screwed out of her last chance for recognition by a Jenny-come-lately that looks like Michael Phelps.

She’s risen to prominence because there’s a pretty visceral reaction to the obvious problem of biological males beating the shit out of women in sports that were specifically created to give women their own chance to shine. There really aren’t a lot people more qualified to talk about the issue.

13. Unimane

I’m saying they aren’t comparable. I wasn’t the one who brought the comparison up.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

She lost to a man in a women's sport. What an entitled shit she is.

justingroves likes this.
  15. Unimane

She didn’t get screwed. She didn’t even get beat by Thomas. She wasn’t harmed in any way other than getting a copy of her medal later. She’s gained notoriety because an issue of rare occurrence makes for good political theater and her nastiness towards Thomas and perpetual phony victimhood drives eyeballs.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty natural comparison to make in a Joe Biden thread discussing someone frequently lying, exaggerating, and underachieving in college.

17. Unimane

She didn’t lose. She tied.

18. Unimane

Not really. Not in the manner in which this was discussed. If I brought up Trump doing the same, Zehr would be going on about TDS or something. The attempted connection was pretty strained, sorry.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

To a man in a women's sport you dumb [uck fay]

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I guess that’s case closed. Quiet down, woman. Male poster Unimane has spoken.