POLITICS The Biden Presidency

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Jan 20, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is the simple solution. Biological women deserve to compete against biological women if that is what the majority of them want.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I read it and did not see those 2 things.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Here is the tweet.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Were you expecting to read that verbatim?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, if you have a [penis] between your legs you shouldn't compete on female sports. I don't know why it's so hard for people to understand

zehr27 likes this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No; perhaps you can show the sections that requires those things.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

So, they must be fully transitioned?

8. HCKevinSteele

You can read

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Why is it on him to find it? A tweet was posted, that tweet included no references to specific details in what is something like a 2000 page document.

So, he’s just supposed to take Riley Gaines’ word for it? [uck fay] that.

I mean if yall don’t want to comb through it either, I don’t blame you, but don’t be shocked when someone says “I need more than a tweet to believe that’s what the new regulations do”

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The rule makes clear that treating transgender students differently from their classmates is discrimination. This opens the door for exactly what she is saying and if you disagree please provide proof it doesn't. Also if a school pushes back they could lose federal funding.

All a transgender person has to do is complain they are not getting access to the same bathrooms or dorms that other people that identify as women/men do or complain that a professor does not address them by how they identify like other students.

11. HCKevinSteele

What Gaines said is consistent with all of the reporting out there. This isn’t difficult. Y’all are choosing to make it that way.

12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

To anyone wondering, this is what a proper response looks like, regardless of whether or not you agree with Zehr

I am mostly avoiding this forum and have been for a while, and a lot of the snarky back and forth that does not at all drive discussion is exactly why. But hey, you are all free to respond however you want to.

IP and zehr27 like this.
  13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And to clarify, I have been guilty of it too, but that’s part of why I am sticking to other parts of the forum. I don’t want to be that dude.

Sorry HCKS, this isn’t just directed at you, I just saw that and want to say my piece now because I would like to be able to come in here and have meaningful discussions as the election year goes on.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I read it and did not see what she claims.

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m not making it any way. I’m telling you VD is fine to ask for specifics. I’m more than over anything to do with the transgender debate in here, because everyone has already picked their side. I believe different things than y’all and nothing you can say will change that, because it’s one of my pet issues for reasons I believe I have outlined. It’s beating a dead horse so I’m just gonna see my way out of it.

I just want the discourse around here to improve. Shit devolves into bullshit entirely too often and low effort responses like “You can read” ain’t helping. Much like when I have prodded you or whoever else.

Anyone here can feel free to tell me to [uck fay] off and I will go back to telling KPT which record player I think he should buy and developing man crushes on Boo Carter

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Of the 4 things Gaines claimed, zher said 2 were true. Which means 2 were not and I could not find the other two. If she lied on 2 then her credibility on the other 2 is suspect.

And I am generally a Gaines supporter.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I just chose those 2, she only really was wrong on the first 1 imo, but the way it sounds that one will be accurate as well come later this year, it was just left out for now. I guess an argument could be made on the first one because of the new law but I think it would fall flat.

18. HCKevinSteele

I don’t have a problem with VD asking for specifics, ultimately nobody owes anyone anything here but all else equal I don’t feel like the burden is on me to go scan through 200 pages when what’s being asserted is right there in the articles from mainstream media outlets including the New York Times.

I hear you on the dialogue, but a lot of the time if I’m short it’s because I don’t think there’s serious engagement from the other side. IP’s response to what I posted on the new NPR CEO is a fair example of that.

Edit: And this Title IX thing can be a perfect example. I will respectfully listen and engage with whatever your opinions are on it, but I think the starting point for me would be to ask if you agree with it and/or if you find it to be cartoonishly sexist, and if not why not.

19. HCKevinSteele

I’m sorry I didn’t see this post before the post I made two seconds ago. You’re good man, I didn’t take it as being directed only at me.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

The first thing I said on this was "it doesn't match the info from this mainstream news source." So I guess only certain sources is matter?

My response to you after the npr ceo is because I can't tell if you are for real half the time. Maybe you are, but if so damn.