Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jul 12, 2013.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

not sure how making them legal increases the revenue side. it certainly dramatically increases the welfare and food stamp expenses.

2. And avoiding billions as well. Immigrants pay some taxes. That doesn't mean avoiding others is okay. Same with companies.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

A better world. I am not pretending I have an answer, or that we can adopt a world full of strays. I just can't condemn people for fighting to get out of terrible situations and have a better life. That is how we all got here, after all. I suppose ultimately I agree that the border has to be secured and illegals deported, but perhaps more of our foreign aid should be going back with them than to places across the ocean.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we need to get rid of stop signs too then.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one is within the context of the law. the other isn't.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The fact that you share an IP address with a banned user might be evidence #1. :)

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Yasssss!

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the reason why mexico has no incentive to stem the tide is because hundreds of billions of dollars is already being sent there by people working here illegally. i doubt an extra couple of billion a year from the US govt is going to have much of an effect.

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Because you are now requiring that they become legit. That their employers become legit.

Hell, they may find it is actually easier to remain illegal.

In which case, then, we were where we started, except now we a moral high ground if it should become future policy to vastly alter immigration policy and enforcement.

10. JayVols

[​IMG]

11. CardinalVol

Not the one you are thinking of. Believe it or not we've got a few others.

12. Yes, Sammy Frogg. The actual former 250lbs punter himself PM'ed me demanding I change my name. I created this name but was still logged in my phone under that one. On my phone I explained this and someone banned that name, with the reasoning that yall don't want folks having 2 names.

Keep digging.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

plenty of "legit" businesses hire illegals. they just use a fake social security number. hell at my old job they had my social security number wrong on my w-2 for over a year before i noticed it and had them change it. obviously people aren't checking.

14. JayVols

I wasn't thinking of him. Actually, I didn't have anyone in mind.

15. CardinalVol

OK.

16. fl0at_

Plenty of businesses also hire illegals and pay under the table. What's your point?

That legitimizing them won't help in checking, or... ?

17. fl0at_

I remember this.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Speak for yourself, white man.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm failing to see the benefit of legitimizing it. or at least a benefit that outweighs the considerable costs.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I found it hilarious that the real Sammy Frogg came here and complained, personally.