HIre Mike Gundy!!!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Nov 28, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Will be more than 4 years if the buyout is structured like the last one.

2. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Trying to be optimistic about our fans.

Heck, we even give our bad coaches 5 years to prove themselves. Makes me wonder how long an 8-9 wins per year coach could stick around

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Exactly.

It all needs to burn.

reVOLt likes this.
  4. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

With this not getting done today, is that cause to believe it may not happen, is he waiting to see what Okie St will do?

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

He's going to give them a chance to pony up. Chances are that is all this is about and we can move on to Jeff [uck fay]ing Brohm.

6. GahLee

I think he can do better than that. Our upcoming non-conference schedule for the next several years is as bad as I have ever seen. The East still sucks. He can win here.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's an 8-4 coach in the Big 12.

TangoUniform likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's by no means a homerun hire, but he's better than Schiano. Schiano is slightly better than Butch. If this ridiculous coaching search stops at Gundy, it could have been worse, but Tennessee isn't improving leaps and bounds like it should.

TangoUniform likes this.
  9. GahLee

He's just under 10 wins a season for the last decade.

10. GahLee

No, they [uck fay]ed that chance up. I would take him over any other coach in the SEC east.

11. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

The problem is that we've already set the lowest price we're willing to pay at $8.4 million... Brohm hasn't come close to what Gundy has done (and neither has Kiffin, as a HC, for all you Kiffin ball washers). Offering Brohm less is a guarantee that he'll be the next to say no. Ponying up that same amount of cash (it's already way more than Gundy is even worth) would be worse than just not having a coach next season. That's why I say if Gundy passes, the next call needs to be Will Healy. Offer him 3 and spend the rest on a great staff.

12. GahLee

I don't buy that 8.4 number for Gundy alone.

13. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

I’m not saying this is where we should be, but considering where we were Sunday I will definitely take it and hope like heck he takes the next step as a coach. Best case scenario at this point is to get Gundy, the boosters otherthrow Haslam, Fire Currie, and Gundy improves the program, or heaven forbid wins the SEC. Sucks ass this is where we are, but hopefully the fans continue to raise hell until we’re where we need to be.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I really think Gundy could be the guy to get us back to the glory days of 2015.

TangoUniform, gcbvol and JayVols like this.
  15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He would be the most proven HC at point of hire since Majors. Let's not act like he's Butch.

16. vols85

vols85 Contributor

I thought Brohm had already told us to kick rocks. It was in some articles I read today.

17. Savage Orange

Maybe it's a possible number with bonus $$$ and incentives... in any event, even at 6 he'd be on the high side of what he's worth but we're not really in a position to quibble about a few million (harty har har...) in the spot we're in.

18. Savage Orange

Hopefully that's accurate. I like him and think he's going to develop into a good coach but let him develop either where he's at now or some other school.

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

A home boy champ from the left coast looks more and more possible.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He needs to cut the mullet. He looks mentally disabled and he’s supposed to be representing an institution of higher learning.