Fulmers list of coaches.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 1, 2017.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

May have been one of the examples of Basilio being full of shit.

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

100% on Gruden

TDVol1989 likes this.
  3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

UF, UGa fans: Hahaha they're hiring Greg Schiano...oh wow even worse, Dave Doeren....this is hilarious, shut it down...wait what...Jon Gruden...oh shit.

reVOLt likes this.
  4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If we do, a lot of people will have to eat shit. If we don’t, our fans will.

5. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

USA Today -'Why Greg Schiano is a better coach than Jon Gruden'

written by -Dan Wolken Dec. 23rd, 2017

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

0% on Gruden and I'm steadfast until I see any reason to think otherwise. All this talk and nothing ever materializes.

tvolsfan likes this.
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I view it as a perpetual Grusade. There is no beginning or ending.

8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

9. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

We've wasted a lot of time and opportunity in the last 2 month. Coaches like Gruden, Patterson, Peterson, Mullen, Frost, Campbell, etc. That said, I'm sure there's a great coach out there who really wants to be at Tennessee. He doesn't necessarily need to have deep Vol connections, but some ties would be good. I want a great coach that wants to be here for a long time.

10. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

I would even add Bama to the oh shit list

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Guess I am the only one. I just don’t like Shaw. He just seems so even keeled. I prefer more intensity. And he really hasn’t had a playoff or title run. I do like the style of football they play though.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

From my guy. Targets are.....

1. Charlie Strong
    2. Les Miles
    3. David Shaw
    4. Kevin Steele
    5. Jeff Brohm

Tee Martin would be a fallback

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Then you tell your guy to go back and communicate hell no to Charlie Strong. At least Lane took the job. And I recall hearing Strong got off on the wrong foot with HS coaches in Texas. Maybe that wasnt true or he just gets it in FL, but he was not good at Texas.

TurtleTiz likes this.
  14. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Yikes!

15. Strong can suck it. I don’t want him to ever have anything to do with this program again.

Shaw would be amazing. Meh to the rest.

16. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Yeah Shaw is the only one I would be happy with from that list honestly. I am not a big fan of Strong. But at this point take anything anyone's sources says with a grain of salt. There's a lot of misdirection going on.

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Take away 1-4 and replace with Gruden, Petersen, Frost, and Taggart, and you have exactly how I would play this

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Wes Rucker Tweeted that Fulmer would hire him for head coach before he would hire Lane Kiffin. I agree with him, but if Fulmer can look at the list of candidates available and say Kiffin isn't among the best; he MUST consider him. Maybe Kifin has changed in 8 years and maybe he would be more respectful this time around.

19. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

I don't disagree with you but everything points to Taggart to FSU, Frost to Nebraska, and Kiffin to Oregon possibly.

Petersen is the wildcard. If we could throw enough money at him to get him here I would be ecstatic. He is only behind Gruden on my wish list.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If Taggart and Frost are off the board, move Brohm up to 3rd after Petersen and Gruden. I like Brohm a lot. If they’re not off the board, call them before they get off the board (provided neither of the first two say yes)