You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't give a flying f where the HC is from.

BTW, how is Pruitt obviously ready? An SEC guy with DC experience. One of the guys you mentioned was an SEC guy with some HC experience.

utvol0427 likes this.
  2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not so sure he's ready, either. There's a lot that goes into running a program. Honestly, Phil was a good coordinator and he couldn't even run one very well without the guys Majors left him.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don't disagree. But Frost was always going to Nebraska. Mullen back home to Florida where he won a title. Jimbo, yeah, but I've personally never liked him that much. Question is what are are actual choices and I don't know that anyone knows. I would have been fine with Brohm. Kindof wanted Taggart to be honest. It was almost Schiano. Ga just hired a longtime assistant last year with no HC experience that was not a splash name. Who can we get? Its frustrating.

4. Ssmiff

when we meet one day you will find out you've been wrong in many of your judgements about me. I really don't care if people like or dislike the hires and have for as long as I remember tried to look at opposing views, which is why I am almost always in the middle.
    I just grow tired of [itch bay]ing when there is not much that can be done. That's in everything, not just a silly board.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

It had been for the last two coaching searches, this time around was such a god damn mess that I am surprised we didn't have to retain Hoke and company.

6. GahLee

You're still here?

Savage Orange likes this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Kirby Smart was on pretty much everybody's coaching board for a couple years.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It appears that we made no attempt at those guys. Our AD, apparently with the the approval of Administrators and Boosters, spent his time in the Bahamas while other programs snapped up their guys.

JayVols and Daddy Gee like this.
  9. GahLee

He hasn't even been introduced as the coach yet.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Where has Pruitt been that he didn't either end up with a NC ring or demonstrably improve the team he was coaching. You guys are acting like we just hired the bastard doo-doo love child of Dooley and Jones...

If you aren't happy with the hire, I get it... I'm not doing backflips either but acting like the guy can't coach is just, well, retarded.

GahLee likes this.
  11. GahLee

You don't know this.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm aware. No where in the post you quoted did I say that he has been announced as the next coach.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fair.

I'm not as big of an asshole in person either.

14. Ssmiff

all good. We've all been thru the shit for a decade like a horrible roller coaster. I've never used the words true fan though. Support or don't support isn't a true fan comment. I bailed on my season tickets as mentioned. Friends tell me i'm not a true fan for not paying for this shit. Asking Why not? is a fair question and there have been some good responses.

15. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Cutcliffe never played for Bama, rno was he the head coach of Tennessee.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Heard that Bama had an early practice today.

warhammer and RevBubbaFlavel like this.
  17. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Water finds its level. You look at other programs, and most of them did well. Florida? TBD but he will probably do very well there. Arkansas? Probably a good hire. UCLA? Great. aTm? Good hire. Did we find our level with Kiffin, Dooley, Butch Jones, and now (maybe) Pruitt?

You look at other programs, and they all had pretty normal searches. Start at #1 and work your way down the list. Aim high. There's no shame in being shot down by Gruden, but at least say you're talking with him. If he says no or teases the process, come out and say you're talking to your #2. Not that hard.

We seem to be utterly incompetent from an operational standpoint, and we think so little of ourselves that we won't come out and say we're aiming for the big boys.

Memtownvol and JayVols like this.
  18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So UT Administrators and Boosters feed us a sh*t sandwich again and like good sheep we are supposed to fall in line and be happy.

JayVols and utvol0427 like this.
  19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Where did I say I was leaving? I said I was out on UT. I'm not going to pull a Hat and pretend to move to New Zealand or some shit, but I will actively root against Tennessee.

I'll type slower next time so you don't get confused.

smokysbark likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

pretend to move to new Zealand or some shit made me chuckle