You in, or nah???

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Will Pruitt return UT to championship contention?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2017.
  1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. 50/50

27 vote(s)
    32.9%
  1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You hated Cutcliff?

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I'm riding with OV.

It's not who I wanted when this process began, and it's not the hire I think we could have made had we not royally [uck fay]ed this up, but he appears to be a strong coordinator and a good, young but seasoned, up and coming coach. At this point, that's probably best available, and at least today, he has a chance to be something really good.

IP, A-Smith and Oldvol75 like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why not is a fair question. Either answer it or don't. Kpt stated why and was the response that many fans have. You want to call me by a VN name from 8 years ago trying to insult, fine, that means you had nothing valid to add to the discussion.

GahLee likes this.
  4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

9-3 can mean losses to Alabama, Florida and Georgia every year, and will exceed your expectations.

Set a bar slightly higher than win loss, like a 10 win season and a last minute drive to beat Bama, even if we don’t.

warhammer likes this.
  5. Savage Orange

It's actually where I am also, but if I have to say yes or no then I say yes... mainly because I'm just tired of UT sucking dog balls and Pruitt has been a success wherever he's been.

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You know what I meant.

IP, GahLee and A-Smith like this.
  7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm done with "He's better than coach X".

I want as close to a sure thing as possible. Pruitt isn't that.

Pre-emptive reply: The "who you gon' git" justification is bullshit too.

TDVol1989, warhammer and YankeeVol like this.
  8. JayVols

obviously.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

UT is a top 10 historical program. While inferior programs grab superior proven HCs with ease (Kelly, Frost, Mullen, Jimbo, etc.) our Boosters and Administrators once again trot out McGoogle.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah, I'll take the guy that's been a head coach and has taken two different schools to their best seasons ever.

I have auto-correct turned off, but I'll make sure to spell out retard properly this time just for you. You [uck fay]ing retard.

Savage Orange likes this.
  11. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Three years isn’t long enough to forget this coaching search. Five years might not be long enough.

It’s going to be harder to fire this guy than it was to fire Butch, because someone like JQK will point to “how bad our last search went” as evidence why we should keep this guy longer.

So settle in with this mentality now: he’s ours no matter what, even if we lose to UK, Vandy, Wyoming.

And even if he is really great, just the second coming, he’ll bolt for Bama when Saban retires.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pruitt and Tennessee can both get [uck fay]ed. We're about to trot out an ignorant dipshit from Alabama as our head coach and then sit back and watch as he runs back to Tuscaloosa to try to help them win a national championship. [uck fay] that shit. The second he's announced as the head coach, 100% of his focus should be on putting together a staff and doing as much as possible from a recruiting standpoint before the early signing period.

dtmvol likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Lulz... relax, man... I was just busting your balls.

Leach would be a disaster here though.

14. JayVols

All day.

utvol0427 likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

If that turns out to be the case, our next coaching search will be a lot quicker than the last two...

GahLee likes this.
  16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He can get us heading in the right direction. Natty? Who knows. Johnny didn't, Phil only once.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

No.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It is a fair question from many. From you, I interpret it different and can sense the direction you're already heading, again. Hence, don't bring that BS here. If I'm mistaken, I apologize. I'm a little irritated by all this and probably just a bit jumpy.

As far as sparty goes, that's just the name I connect with you, no insult intended. You can be smiff.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

The fact that people are okay with it absolutely blows my mind. Tennessee's head coach is going to leave the press conference, put on his Alabama gear, and head to Tuscaloosa and leave the UT program dangling in the wind.

warhammer, dtmvol and JayVols like this.
  20. Savage Orange

I understood the dismay, hand wringing and despair over Dooley and Jones... they were obviously not ready for the job they inherited but Pruitt is. He's an SEC guy and understands what it takes to recruit and win here.

I'm willing to give him a legitimate chance to prove he can get it done before I shit all over him just because "he's a got-dammed BAMMER and I ain't NEVER pullin' for no got-dammed BAMMER!!!"

You just sound like a UT version of that Phyllis twunt that calls Finebaum all the time.

GahLee likes this.