POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Increased weight and mental health issues can be or wind up being a positive feedback mechanism. Anecdotal I know, but if I had a dollar for every time I said to someone that I knew I ate bad, that it's hard to lose weight, that I would do it some day or after something or another and then go out and grossly overeat in part because of that conversation, I could afford a trip to one of those all you can eat Brazilian steak places for me and my family. All I mean by this is just because someone doesn't tell you that they have a mental health problem doesn't mean they do not have one.

Edit:
    Just being fat doesn't mean you're necessarily nuts either beyond that amount that we all are anyway.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Absolutely. I was amazed when I actually started keeping track of what I was eating... totaling up the calories and macros. I wasn’t slavish about it but I did make a solid effort to know how much I was eating in a day. It turned out that I was becoming much heavier than I wanted or need to be because I was consuming north of 4000 calories a day, much of it in the form of carbonated soda. Just eliminating that one item (I haven’t had a soda of any type in over a year and a half) saved me a solid 600-800 calories. Seriously. Eating actual, Whole foods that I can pronounce the ingredients without aid of the internet went a long way towards helping me shed (and keep off) 60 pounds. I now get nervous and double down on my efforts when I get back up to 170 pounds. I’m a shade under 6 feet so that’s ok for me. I don’t exercise a bunch because my job is physical enough but I have discovered that I love riding my bike around town. I didn’t want to be all hipster but my bike is a fixed gear/single speed and I get in around 100 or so miles a week when the weather is good. That’s all it takes. It’s a simple “calories in vs calories out” formula.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Only water after 630ish if possible.
    No carbs at night and no sodas at all. Lbs will shed off if you can do it for a couple weeks.

4. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I stopped the climb when I drastically cut out soft drinks. I'm not a huge water fan. I use zero cal Kool-Aid packets.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't even get home until after 6:30...

kmf600 likes this.
  6. cpninja

cpninja Member

I was about 270lbs most of my adult life til last year, because I didn't have any drive to change my lifestyle. I dieted a few times and would lose 30-40lbs over a couple months and then slowly creep back up to my steady 270lbs because I never fundamentally changed how or what I ate, I just ate less of it when I was "dieting" and eventually I would always decide I liked eating more than I liked being slightly thinner(especially since I am still young enough to not have any health issues from being overweight), so I would stop trying. I wasnt lazy, but I would always eat more than enough to keep my weight up despite what physical activity I did. But I could never figure out, what do other people have that I dont? Why cant I control my weight at all(in the long term)? Why was my "willpower" so bad compared to others? Well turns out severe body image issues+depression will work a number on someones willpower to stay in shape. Took me probably about 10 years longer than it should have, but I got that stuff sorted out and I managed to lose about 90lbs since and I've kept it off longer than any other period of time in my life. Which isnt to brag or gloat or whatever(especially since i'm still about 10-15lbs overweight, depending on who you ask), but once I got those issues sorted out I could finally view it as what it was, which was simple calories in vs calories out instead of turning to food for emotional reasons.

So I dont trash on people who are seriously overweight because most people's weight isn't as simple as "eat less, dummy". Yes, if every person who is fat(for non-medical reasons) stopped overeating, they (eventually) wouldn't be fat anymore. But that's as useful as saying if every poor person on earth just had more money, they wouldn't be poor anymore. Or telling depressed people "just don't be sad". You get the point. You have to get most people to examine the reasons for why they are overeating and work on the things that contribute to that before you get them to download MyFitnessPal. Counting calories doesnt do any good if you get stressed at work and eat a donut, wash it down with a coke and then feel guilty and dont log it. Or if you think you can just do it for a couple weeks/months and then go back to "normal" and keep weight off. If someone is 100lbs+ overweight, they likely need lifestyle changes and those aren't as simple as counting calories.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Like anything else in life. It takes work and it's not easy.

If it was, it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm still waiting for someone to post a picture of AOC's [breasts] by the way.

KIDB spotlight

kmf600 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Counterpoint: if a person locked in a room would become wealthy if not quickly rescued, I don't think there would be any poor people.

9. Savage Orange

F22F3284-0947-4197-A25B-B7BACE79E3A2.jpeg You aren’t going to find any nudes of her , but she is easy enough on the eyes (from the neck down)...

kmf600 likes this.
  10. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

My opinion, 500 pounds overweight is a little different than 50-60

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah the camera and her face don’t always get along

kmf600 likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Huge fan of dark women with dark hair

Volgrad98 and Savage Orange like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

This angle of conversation is weird.

kmf600 likes this.
  15. Savage Orange

You and me both. I think it’s some sort of law that all Colombian women must be drop dead gorgeous. Same for Peruvians... Stephanie Cayo may be the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.

kmf600 likes this.
  16. Savage Orange

I know... I feel like Beavis and/or Butthead but it’s all good. I’m always down to discuss women.

kmf600 and JayVols like this.
  17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Your wife is Mexican. You'd better be....

kmf600 likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I respect that she has eyebrows.

I don't understand waxing them off and just drawing them on at all.

kmf600 likes this.
  19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We have Y chromosomes. It's inevitable.

JayVols likes this.
  20. Savage Orange

I’d bet she’s actually pretty cool to hang out with, provided you stayed away from political discussions.

VolDad and kmf600 like this.