POLITICS AOC Election Chances

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Savage Orange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have had enjoyable political discussions with people who are far from my point of view. Don't give up on America just yet. As long as we all want prosperity, we can figure it all out.

kmf600 and Savage Orange like this.
  2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Agreed, but it’s going to take a real resurgence of the moderate wings of BOTH parties before we can start to dig out of this quagmire of extremism we seem to be currently stuck in...

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

When I watch that show, I always think there's something more wrong with this person than their weight.

kmf600 likes this.
  4. Savage Orange

In the wake of the Venezuelan blackout, I wonder if a blackout that would 86 social media and the 24 hour news networks for an extended period time would help cool some folks off... locking yourself in an echo chamber is a terrible thing to do. It certainly makes it easy to “other” folks who disagree with you and see them as enemies... if we could get back to the idea that we’re all pulling in the same GENERAL direction (prosperity and a better future for our kids) it would help. As it stands, America has been locked in an ideological tug of war with each side getting more and more disgusted with the other. If there’s only one truly negative thing I can say about Trump (and trust me, it’d be a hard choice because there are so many negative things I could say...) it would probably be that he has made it a point to egg on the issues that divide us.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There is nothing like a hurricane that takes out power, internet, and cell service to bring a neighborhood together.

justingroves and Savage Orange like this.
  6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

If Twitter determined the presidency, she would absolutely win.

Also, totally unrelated, Twitter is an insane asylum.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There are a lot of dedicated agitators on twitter. Like, they just look to start shit.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's impossible to take these memes and criticisms seriously when the opposing party's leader is Donald Trump. Literally impossible.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Maybe it’s best to not see any meme as a teller of truth, or serving anything other than a comedic purpose.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Maybe meme isn’t the right word but there are graphic+ image posts that are completely serious.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I laugh at both. Is that allowed?

13. Savage Orange

No. Choose or die!!

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Not since the right started acting like victims.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I like her.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you just trying to get into the tournament?

Ssmiff and kmf600 like this.
  17. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

This has been posted before, right?

18. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The guy doing the talking sounds like a robot.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

At least he upgraded his studio from the Holiday Inn Express in Part 1.

I loved the $$ pitch at the beginning. Tribal (both sides) politics selling fear on the interwebz is the new growth industry.

How many schmucks can I get to send me $1 every week? All I have to get is a few thousand out of a population of hundreds of millions. Reminds me of old Jim & Tammy Baker selling salvation to the masses on TV back in the day.

warhammer and The Dooz like this.