Rick Barnes Is Staying

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Apr 8, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is a non sequitur silly ass post that ought to punch your ticket into the Big Dance next year.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think it’s pretty clear that several members here want to have sex with Rick Barnes.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Well I admit it isn’t quite the quality of comparing accepting a new job to leaving one’s spouse, but I’m trying.

justingroves likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was going to go the cuck route but I will save it for the next dream job that comes in 2020 from an AD that can Google a buyout

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good. So you’re comin around that Barnes saying he loves this place is nonsense.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It is comical that people are rationalizing Barnes is just a good ol boy who loves Knoxville and it was a perfect storm for him to leave. Except when presented a massive hurdle, he chose to stay. Because he loves this place.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I love Mexican food. I will never leave Mexican food. Never.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No, you don’t love Mexican food. That’s the point. Instagram girls don’t “love” Starbucks. Barnes doesn’t “love” Knoxville. He likes it, sure. I don’t doubt that. Knoxville is awesome.

“Loving” Knoxville is laying it on real thick. And pandering

IP and kptvol like this.
  10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I clicked “like”, but I meant “love”.

IP and lylsmorr like this.
  11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Where’s that Facebook feature when you need it? Come on fl0at

12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

13. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I guess deep down I'm probably a polygamist. I love a hot dog. I haven't had one since last summer. I love pizza too. Last night I had stir fry and cauliflower rice. I hope none of them finds out about the beans and rice I'm cooking tonight, or I may get indigestion.

14. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I would much rather hear Rick's answer, than a player falling on a helmet or him not recognizing his own living room in pictures.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    BigOrangeBeech and justingroves like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Whatever man, tennessee was butchs dream job. We did him wrong. We need people like that running the show.

MettaWorldPeace likes this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I like the honesty. Don’t flip a switch in the middle of that dialogue and play to the UT crowd because UCLA didn’t work out, though

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And yes, something as simple as him using love instead of like bothers me here. [itch bay] you were making plans to be the coach of UCLA while losing money. Don’t play

18. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

It was just an unbelievably stupid thing to say. I have no idea what was going through his head.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"These idiots will do anything to keep me here. Let's see what I can get away with now."

Daddy Gee, Tenacious D and IP like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't his answer that annoys me, it is how so many rationalized a fantasy last week that was disproven this week and act like it is all the same when it is the POLAR OPPOSITE. I'm not mad at all for what he said, I am mad that it is 1) true, 2) was true last week, and 3) that people don't see any problem with it either way despite the two running the full spectrum of "golly, I am just called from above to be here" to "shit, if the ATM was open I'd be gone."