12/1 Chattanooga Article

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Unimane, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

isn't that just a rehash of what was said 11/29?

3. RadioHick

RadioHick New Member

I don't get this article from Hargis. He spent all day on radio shows backing his story and saying that Hyams story was crap, then all a day later he writes an article that just reiterates the Hyams story from yesterday!? Holy bloody hell.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

To be positive, he's just echoing what all of the other news outlets are saying. Says courtship apparently ended quickly. He might have even been ordered to put this story out.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It seems like they added the part about him shopping around for coaches and, the kicker, expecting to be the coach. That means, to me, the lines about unreasonable demands are horseshit. Plus, it's a direct refutation of the crap they are getting from the Knoxville market over the details.

7. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Something doesn't add up on this....

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Article really makes UT look bad. Could have had him, he wanted to be here, but we weren't willing to pay enough for his assistants....hard to believe we'd let assistant salaries be a deal-breaker for something as big as Jon Gruden.

9. WM

WM Active Member

I wish i had a mattress somewhere in my house that wasn't sleeping on right now so i could burn it.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

The way it's written, it feels like the option is still on the table for Gruden to be the coach here. Tennessee just needs find the money for assistants and put together a new offer.

So what is Tennessee to do now? Let the public believe that Gruden wanted this job and UT was too cheap to make it happen?

Maybe this was just a shrewd move from the Gruden camp to expedite the process and secure a bigger package for the coaching staff.

11. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Hart better get this shit right....otherwise an AMF letter will be coming to his door......Adios Mother****er

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What a dumpster fire.

This is so freaking ridiculous.

It really seems this has been booster-led...is Jimmy Haslam really that turned off by the assistant salaries? I can't imagine that. Once again, the full story just ins't clear.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I can't imagine one of the Haslams getting that hung up over something like that. Would be like me getting pissed because Taco Bell raised the price of their burritos by ten cents.

14. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Or hell, forget the Haslam's .... Ergen has five times more money....the willingness to spend it on UT may or may not be the same, but it was suggested he was involved.

15. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

How could it be that, after two months of discussions, assistant salaries is suddenly a problem?

Would it not seem that, after establishing Gruden's interest in the position, Tennessee would want to know what the ballpark financial requirements would be for Gruden and his coaching staff? I mean, this is shit that you'd think would have been discussed back in October. How are there surprises and dramatic swings on money now?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Exactly. I don't see any way this is a money issue unless Gruden is asking for something like $10mm for assistants, which isn't likely.

17. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Seriously, is there anything a common fan can do to try and sway Hart on this?

Perhaps a million fan march on the AD?

18. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

Goddammit all to hell. Lead, follow or Get the heel out of the way HART...

Un-****in'-believable

19. Flashman

Flashman New Member

Tennessee football is now 3rd tier in the SEC and it appears it will stay that way for a while! Our big games will now be against Vanderbilt and Kentucky, the rest will be gimme losses with an upset of Missouri or a Mississippi school every now and then!!

20. Nucvol

Nucvol Member

Fire Hart!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is a Bammer mole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!