'14 ATH Stanton Truitt

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dick Huffman, Apr 29, 2013.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

CBJ rotates a ton of WR's. They want 11 scholarship WR's at all times. I doubt there will be anymore transfers than usual.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

I've read slot WR more than I've heard DB. In his interviews he said the coaches tell him he could play either so I don't think they even know at this point and could depend on who commits. He stands a better chance of seeing more than special teams duty if he goes to WR though.

But I don't buy that crap about Malone on VN - I read it as well and just sounds like sour grapes.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You don't sign the juco

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

He's arguably the best WR on the board and he's an outside WR while Evan/Booth are slots. And that's still assuming Malone doesn't come here.

We have to hope Wharton is going on defense for numbers sake.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Some of these guys may be told to look elsewhere.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Only one that could be told is the Lee kid from Florida. But Butch doesn't seem that cutthroat but we will see.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's not really cut throat to tell a guy we now have four commitments we think are all better than you.

8. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Don't underestimate BJ in this regard. While at Cincy, he signed a kid, had him gray shirt, then flagged his scores with NCAA and did not return phone calls from the kid or his coaches. Eventually, the kids LOI became void and Cincy did not have to honor it. Another school picked up the phone and he was cleared within 2 days.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Committed to Auburn.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

So did we pass on this guy because he waited too long or what?

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Looks that way.

12. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Powell is the better 'ball player of the two and he's an EE which is always a +.