'14 NC DB Emmanuel Moseley

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Sep 10, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's nothing wrong with taking a risk on a cb that's 6 foot plus and runs a legit 4.45

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Wasn't that Marlon Brown?

3. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Especially when you look at the current talent in our secondary.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

No, he cussed at that one, IIRC.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Correct, he referred to himself as just a coon*** from Louisiana.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

No. This was an actual violation.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Woody Wommack has covered Mosely all year and was pretty critical of him.

Quote:
    Emmannuel Moseley -- Let's use this thread

It's easier for me this way. All I ask is that you watch the game with your own eyes and then we can have a discussion about it. I know he's your guy and you're going to defend him, but you can go on ESPN3 right now and watch the replay, or wait until Dec. 28 when they show it on ESPNU.

I wish him winning the MVP meant he was the best defensive player there, it would make my job a lot easier, but the Shriners Club of Spartanburg is the group who voted on the award. Not the local media, not the coaches, but the organizers of the game.
    Quote:
    I think he's a developmental prospect for sure. I'm just wondering how he will hone that speed. That's the question. I think cornerback is a position of need and spots are valuable, that's why I'm surprised he was so high on the board.
    Quote:
    The reason why I continue to talk about it is because it continues to come up, with several commenters saying he "deserves" a bump in the rankings. If I don't make it clear what my evaluation of him is now, it will just lead to hard feelings down the road.
    Quote:
    He has the speed and he gets to the ball well as a safety, but it seems unlikely that it could be his future position.
    Quote:
    Yeah, and he's about 160, even if he bulks up to 185, he's still slight compared to guys like Todd Kelly, the Berry's, etc. I said it earlier that he's a good football player, the kind of guy you want playing both ways for you in a game of pick up. Sometimes that doesn't always translate to a position on an SEC team.

I think he might be better as an offensive player, but he's committed to Tennessee as a defensive back and that's where we have to try to project him at this point.
    Quote:
    The No. 1 thing he lacks right now is size, and the ability to react quickly to the movement of bigger wide receivers. There's no doubt he has speed, but sometimes it seems as if he thinks too much and by that time the receiver is by him. As he faces, bigger, stronger and faster receivers as well as quarterbacks who can deliver excellent throws, he won't be able to hang back and bait people into throwing interceptions.

As a safety he has good instincts and I think he benefits from being able to see the entire field, survey and then react. When he's playing with his back to the line of scrimmage he really struggles.

If he gains weight, especially 20-30 lbs, which is no easy feat, there's no guarantee that he keeps the thing that Tennessee loves the most, elite speed.
    Quote:
    I feel like you're baiting me here. If I continue to provide negative answers then I'm going after the kid. How detailed do you want me to go?
    Quote:
    I have nothing against him I'm just trying to get my point across. There are threads suggesting he should be a four-star, and if I don't make it clear now that it's not a possibility there will be a meltdown on the board when the new rankings come out. I'm trying to manage expectations here. In this case that involves driving my point home several times.
    Quote:
    At this point, no. That's why we keep talking about. If I knew he was moving up I would stay out of it and let you guys discuss how well he played freely with no input on my part.

The key thing to remember with him is that he'll be playing in Offense-Defense on Jan. 3, a game I will also be attending with even better talent. Say he goes there and wins the MVP? Then I'll be eating crow.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It appears woody thinks a lot of himself