'14 TN DT Charles Mosley

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

It is official, he committed to Tennessee!

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

3. Oldvol75

His picture

[​IMG]

4. Oldvol75

"I've known for months. I've known for a while, "Mosley explained. "I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. I started liking Auburn some, but I have no doubts about my decision. I know I want to go to Tennessee and be a Tennessee Vol."

"What everybody doesn't know is I committed a few weeks ago," Mosley said. "Coach Jones asked my parents if they would be good with me going to Tennessee and they said, yes and that they trust him so I committed.

"I came down to Knoxville and being with the players and they wanted me there, not just the coaches, but the players wanted me there and they wanted me to come in and help them get Tennessee back to where it belongs," Mosley explained. "Like Tiny, me and him talked and he just told me that losing isn't what Tennessee does and he believed that the class we have coming in is something special. They welcomed me. That's a feeling I didn't get anywhere else. That was just a big key-point for me."

"It's going to mean a whole lot. Coach Jones told us at the junior day when we were all there and with the Berry twins, he pulled us in the room and said, 'If Tennessee is going to win we're going to do it with instate talent. That's how we're going to do it.' That's what he wants to win with and he's emphasized that the whole time."

“I love my state. I love Knoxville. I love the coaching staff up there. I love everything Coach (Butch) Jones has got going,” said Mosley, a four-star prospect who’s ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No. 227 overall prospect and No. 18 defensive tackle in the 2014 class.

“It’s a great school to be a part of, representing the Power ‘T,’ representing Tennessee — my state. It’s going to be good. A lot of folks are going to have to be worried. We’ve got a lot of talent coming in. (Jones) said I’m the missing piece to it all. It’s going to turn up on everybody, the SEC. Tennessee is going to be feared again.”

“Everything he says, I’m buying into it,” Mosley said. “Everything he says, he shows his actions, with players and everything. Go to practice and watch them practice and all that. I mean, everything he says, he does. He’s a man of his word. That’s what I like about him.

“Everything he said he was going to do, he’s been truthful about it and it has happened. I know they’re not going to a bowl game and stuff this year, and that’s not bothering me at all, because he told me it was going to be this type of year. He had a feeling, so he’s just ready for the next bunch to come in to get everything rolling. Coach Jones is a great coach, and I believe in what he’s doing.”

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

is that similar to how you announced your decision, ov?

6. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

Big brick.

7. snoball5278

snoball5278 Contributor

good stuff. gbo

8. Oldvol75

Not hardly. Just told them I was a VOL. Didn't have all this fancy internet stuff.

9. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

#butchgetsanotherone

10. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

But the hair, certainly you did your hair like that, no?

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

OV had enough hair back in the day to pull that off tho.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Great news.

If all players really feel like this about Jones, we'll get there eventually. I'm ready for the words "feared" & "Tennessee" to be used in association again.

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I've got enough hair on my ass to weave an Indian blanket.

I could pull that look off.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Well put

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

TMI...scrubbing my brain with soap

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is a game changer type of class especially with the numbers coming in. If we can get some good coaching.........

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

[video=youtube_share;JFHiOQZQxCA]http://youtu.be/JFHiOQZQxCA[/video]

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That is what Butch has been referencing this whole time, no?

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Catchy toon. Never heard of that band.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You just chiseled your decision into a stone and turned it in.... I kid, I kid.