15 MD OT Pat Allen

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Oldvol75, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Why not?

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think that it's based on two assumptions (that is, in absence of some other and direct knowledge):

1. When he de-committed from UGA, many thought that it was tangible proof that he was most likely to select Tennessee, and we seemed to become the overwhelming favor to land him, and

2. Based on that assumption, to postpone a decision to commit, is assumed to mean that he remains unsure, at best, or that he's having second thoughts about announcing for Tennessee, specifically, at worst.

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Waiting to see who becomes GA next OC. per 247

4. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl Top 5 Performers

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I'm pessimistic by nature, but I think our chances of landing him are slim, if this is true.

If he isn't willing to commit to Tennessee, but prefers to wait and see who GA hires, instead, it sounds to me like the kid wans to go to UGA, and is just waiting for any reason to be convinced to do it.

6. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

GA is his preference no question there

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

So why decommit? Why not stay committed until (if) they make an OC hire you don't like?

Kid is Vol. Butch just wants to make a couple of headlines on NSD. And didn't want this kid to be overshadowed by Phillips, so will table the announcement for a few weeks.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

After choosing GA over Michigan, Ohio State, OK and Tennessee to have both your primary recruiter who happens to be the o-line coach and OC resign. Can't say I blame him for wanting to take a step back and consider his options. Esp w/ names like Roper and Sanders in play

11. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Kurt Roper will end this little adventure pretty quick. Can't believe they're even considering him for OC.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Hubbs told me depends 100% on the OL coach hire.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

UGA has offered 3 new OT's in the last couple of days. I think they are tipping their hand- they don't think they are going to hold on to Allen.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

They have only 2 (ones a JUCO) OL commits. Rob Sale has got his work cut out for him. If he doesn't sign more this cycle 2016 will be 'balls to the wall

15. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Really need this cat

16. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Picked up a CB today to us.

17. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This guy is probably at the top of my list for realistic ways to close out the class.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Based purely on the perceived movements of UGA on the recruiting front, I think we get him.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Announcing 8:45am. He and Richmond would be a nice NSD surprise

20. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator