'16 NC QB Austin Kendall

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by yont sum iss?, Aug 3, 2014.

1. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

"Trust Butch." -VN response to current situation that he may decommit

"Don't want if he's skeered of competition." -VN response after decommitment

2. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Also forgot

"He ain't mobile enough for Butch's system anyway."

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

If he ends up at Kentucky, didn't want. Seriously. That's a precipitous fall.

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Can't wait until Khalil meets him across the middle.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing I trust Butch doing is recruiting

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

We had one scholarship QB. What the hell did he want them to do?

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Probably mismanage it like he has the QB position thus far.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I'd take Kendall over the three guys we got. I'd be shocked if jones takes a snap here if Kendall comes.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Prepare to be shocked.

10. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

If he wants to play w/ his brother in college that's one thing but upset due to signing three QB's this cycle? I think we're okay there. Then there's the fact that Jennings may move to S after having his shot at QB.
    For Jones, recruiting seems to be his thing. I'm sure he and Kendall have discussed where the three in this class and he (Kendall) fit into the scheme of things.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Honestly though, if you're afraid of getting beat out, just go elsewhere. Doesn't sound like much of a competitor if this is true.

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Yea, you definitely don't want your qb to be scared of competition.

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

I doubt he would be scared of competition if he is an elite qb. However I do see where he would want to go somewhere else if he is guaranteed playing time

14. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Not to mention, it wouldn't take a real bright kid to realize that his coaches at Tennessee wouldn't include a QB coach or anyone with a record of developing QB's.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Maybe the kid is looking elsewhere since Butch actually managed to downgrade at the OC position.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And no established QB coach

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This too. If the kid is smart, he'll definitely explore his options.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

True, you always want to explore all options and ultimately due what is in your best interest. Jennings and Jones are D-T, he and Dormady Pro-Style. That said, the kid seems to be a competitor, to be the best you want to compete against the best so I don't think signing three (qb's) this cycle will influence his decision. Further, there is the (good) chance one of the current three changes positions, too as a coach (and player) you have to factor in the possiblity of injury to one or more in the group.

I gotta say I really like the thought of having a QB corps of Kendall, Jones, and Dormady and quite possibly Jennings. Last time we had this type talent was Banks (position switch-WR), Ainge, and Schaeffer (dismissed / transferred)

20. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Did Banks even play a game with Ainge/Schaeffer? I'm pretty sure he was kicked off the team before they got on campus.