2011 SEC/Big East Invitational

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by hallowed_hill, Dec 1, 2011.

1. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

I like these inter-conference events and am glad they've expanded it to 12 games this year. I'm predicting a 6-6 split with wins for UK, Miss, Bama, UF, LSU, and Miss St. What do y'all think?

Thurs, Dec. 1
    Providence at South Carolina 7 p.m.
    St. John’s at Kentucky 7:30 p.m.
    Mississippi at DePaul 9 p.m.
    Georgetown at Alabama 9:30 p.m.

Fri., Dec. 2
    Florida at Syracuse 7 p.m.
    Cincinnati at Georgia 7 p.m.
    Vanderbilt at Louisville 8:30 p.m.
    Auburn at Seton Hall 9 p.m.

Sat., Dec. 3
    Arkansas at Connecticut 3:15 p.m.
    Pittsburgh at Tennessee 5:15 p.m.
    LSU at Rutgers 7 p.m.
    West Virginia at Mississippi State 9 p.m.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

There's no reason Auburn should lose to Seton Hall. If South Carolina loses at home to Providence, they should fire Horn immediately. Georgia should give UC all they want. I'll have to see Florida win in the Carrier Dome to believe it. LSU should have a shot at the RAC. I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to how Mississippi State will play. Wouldn't be surprised if DePaul beats Ole Miss.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hat, do you think the Syracuse scandal is going to affect the team negatively, or at all?

4. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Lot of tix left for tomorrow's game. Can still get 8+ lowers together on uttix. An indictment on our fan base rather than Cuonzo in his first meaningful home game, but the majority of our fans will see it the other way around. That this game--same players--would be packed for our previous coach shows the idiocy of celebrity worship around here.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Agreed. One of the things that's irritated me is how so many people have thought we need a "promoter" as the head coach. IMO, good basketball ought to be what we want, regardless of whether or not the HC paints his chest at LV games and other such stuff.

6. hatvol96

I wasn't predicting a South Carolina win. I was making what I believe to be a statement of fact. If you can't beat, at home, a team that Brown roughed up, bigtime college hoops isn't the place for you.

7. hatvol96

Cincinnati and Georgia are putting on a clinic of how not to play quality offensive basketball.