2014 Midterm Election- Results/What's to come

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Nov 5, 2014.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it's silly to point to pure profit numbers once something has gone through the process of being approved. it ignores the billions spent on failed devices by them and other companies. on the other hand, there is no question that a 7% tax is going to increase the cost for consumers. when has legislating prices ever worked in favor of the consumer?

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You have a point.

Speaking of insurance, it's now:

Bull-headed country boy with a touch of redneck and sum[itch bay] in him- 2

CVS Caremark- 0

If you're keeping score. They caved.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Glad to hear it.

4. JayVols

Sure it is.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

good for you.

I just got my new insurance. I'm paying slightly more. My deductible goes up by $3,000 with the insurance paying almost nothing before that. My partner's cost goes down because he's older than I am and obamacare has decided young healthy people should pay more than old people. my god is this shit so f-ed up. in a free market system I should be able to be paying almost nothing and just get catastrophic coverage because my family and I are young. Obamacare torpedoed all of those policies.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Im a, if you think they really give a $%! about you (past your vote) you are setting yourself up for a major letdown.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

medical is so expensive due to the consumer not being the main one paying.

8. JayVols

What I was trying to say has absolutely nothing to do with a medical tax. I wasn't even talking about it.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

then I misunderstood your post.

10. JayVols

There is/was nothing free market about the system even before the ACA.

11. JayVols

And that's true.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you are accepting the reality that leaks are inevitable, and would like to move the discussion forward to environmental risks, I am happy to do so. I just see no reason to let you or anyone get away with making a verifiably false claim and then moving on to the next. They leak.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

it might be a 20 on the scale of 1-100, but that's better than -2. at this point it's so f-ed up that the single payer is inevitable whether we like it or not.

14. JayVols

Talking politics in general.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I bet there is more spilt by clumsy people at the pumps across the country.

16. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

If laws were passed to allow people to shop across state lines for insurance providers, it open certainly up more competition and more price comparisons. Some only have one or two insurance providers in their state to choose and that would explain monopoly priced policies.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is a long term care policy that has been approved out of state for 3 years now which is far superior and cheaper than any offered in California. California is so screwed up they can't get it approved. anytime any insurance provider wants to change anything in a policy, even if favorable to consumers, it takes YEARS. it's absurd. at worst doing what you suggest can't hurt things. it seems really pointless and frankly wasteful to have 50 different insurance departments in every state doing essentially the same work rather than having one for the entire country. I've never understood it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

[youtube]PHVeyo4W18U[/youtube]

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

baby boomers are going to live for a long time and there is a crapload of them. and they vote. I'd suggest the demographics favor republicans for at least 20 years.

[​IMG]