2014 Running of the Gumps......

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Oldvol75, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

[video=youtube;JoTbRPjcmUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoTbRPjcmUI[/video]

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

How beautiful would it be to watch a collapse there with Saban? Let me dream.

3. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

This question should probably go in the recruiting forum somehow but screw it ... I'm posting it here. JG, Zehr, VolsKickBalls, and other recruiting afficionados, why does Saban routinely get beat out for the best D lineman in the country? Bama is usually solid at every position except D line. Is it because he always has NFL linebackers with no need for 5 star D line so he just doesn't recruit them hard? It's always puzzled me.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's the style of defense he runs. He doesn't need star power, he needs large bodies that do their jobs. Guys that hold their ground and don't get to the QB do not get a lot of stars.

5. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

It seems that their lack of talent on Defensive line last year cost them a trip to the championship game. Auburn's O line were routinely making second level blocks and making consistently.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He needs guys that can take up space and keep hands off those backers. Hell he could probably have them just go to all fours and pick grass and be fine.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His linebackers were also confused in that game. That rarely happens to his defenses

8. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

fair enough ... C.J. Mosely's head was on a swivel the whole game. He was guessing the whole night.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Think a form of veer reads.