2014: The Year of the Instates and Legacies

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dick Huffman, Jan 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Sometimes it takes an outside force to help put you over the top. If Jones can put one foot in front of the other, this class may be what it takes to restore the success and pride to the program.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Will they come?

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

If you build it.

4. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If you prove that you are taking steps forward, it won't be hard to convince doubters that you are headed in a positive directions.

5. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Wharton (legacy via uncle) is already on board. Carlos Younger says that TK will most likely be a Vol from his sources (if you believe him). Bates is looking good it appears.

Jones is already putting it on big time with EB so that has to help with the twins...and its helps that Trooper is out of Auburn with them.

Sounds good for the legacy up north (forgot the nam)...WR.

6. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Speaking of Younger...thought a comment he made recently was interesting....He, from multiple accounts, is really close to Devrin Young stemming back to Young's childhood. He said on VQ a while back that Young is really close with TK and Wharton and is always recruiting them to TN as well as other TN kids who he knows from camps, 7v7, etc.....

7. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Creamer? He committed already.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Say what?

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I do not believe that is official yet.....

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Maybe I'm stupid and probably am but I think Dooley's 5-7 season will help Jones. I say that because if DD had maxed out his potential and went 7-5, it would have been harder for Jones to show improvement in one year. Now if we go 7-5 or 8-4, it legitimately looks like a large positive trend to recruits and makes that decision easier. This, as opposed to gaining a a 1 game edge from last year's hypothetical 7-5 to Jones' 8-4 this year.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think Jones needs to get all of these 2014 guys together (the legacies especially) and sell it to them as a chance to come together and do something special to turn UT football around.

12. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I think Bates is the best out of all the legacies and he's going to be the toughest one to land IMO. I think he has a legitimate chance to end up a 5-star and a Top 3 Linebacker nationally. The guy is just awesome from what I've seen of him. He has great size and a great frame, great instincts, good quickness and speed and plays very phsyical. And his offer list is elite. He has the entire country after him.

How good of a prospect does everyone see Creamer ending up? I've read some who aren't all that high on him and other that are extremely high on him.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think people who are high on Creamer like his size and figure the rest can be coached. His team got most of their schedule canceled by the state this year, so there weren't a lot of opportunities for evaluation.

14. chavisut

I always felt Bates was the most likely to be a Vol. This is based on nothing though.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The fact that Bill Bates is from Farragut is meaningful, IMO.

16. Montrell

Montrell New Member

I really really hope you're right. Being from Florida and having the entire country like ND, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc after you always worries me.

17. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Well Bates said that we lead for him so it's a good start

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Because he's white.

19. chavisut

First Rivals 100 out.

#58 Dillon Bates
    #59 TKJ

4 Tennessee boys on the list.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we don't hit on a bunch of these, turn the lights out for 3 or 4 years. It isn't fair and it isn't probable, but expectations have got to be to finish in the top third of the SEC this coming year.