2014: The Year of the Instates and Legacies

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dick Huffman, Jan 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The good thing is that expectations are so low that seven wins total and one big win will constitute significant progress and facilitate a home run of a recruiting class.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

This. That and Butch Jones making our former players and local HS coaches feel good are the two things we have going for us this year. We'll see how far we get.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If Jones doesn't deliver a huge 2014 recruiting class, than his career here will be officially on the clock or should be if it isn't. The 2014 class is the hope that will get us through a potentially tough 2014 season and provide the foundation to a brighter 2015 and beyond seasons. A mediocre class that doesn't fully address needs and doesn't generate national attention and buzz will be killer.

4. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

So the berry brothers got too much hype too soon I assume.

5. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Surprised TKjr isn't higher based on all the hype as well.

6. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Alex Bars... didnt he have a brother that went out of state? MBA as well so I assume he won't be coming here.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Has a brother at Michigan and Penn St. Father played at ND. Alex may head west...just p/u an offer out of Palo Alto

8. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Yes. Way too much IMO.

9. Montrell

Montrell New Member

He's pretty high. Any time you're in the National Top 50-60 range I'd say that is extremely high. He and Bates are two elite prospects in this class that are must gets for this staff IMO. I still wonder if Tennessee can pull either of them though.

10. Montrell

Montrell New Member

Even though there is a desperate need at his position I'd say the likelihood of Tennessee getting Bars is less than 5% looking at his family history and the school he attends. Not a good combo there.