2015 Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Dec 14, 2015.

?

Which game is your GotY?

1. Fallout 4

22.2%
  2. Super Mario Maker

11.1%
  3. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

11.1%
  4. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

33.3%
  5. Bloodborne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other

22.2%
  1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Skyrim is awesome. I'd buy it for the PS4 and play it all over again if it were available.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

PC master race

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I marked other, for Assassin's Creed.

Why? Because it was the best Assassin's Creed I played this year.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still have the one I was planning to take back. With fallout rapidly losing my interest, I'm trying to decide whether I want to play assassin's creed or go through a second play through of the Witcher.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Reason 3 for why Fallout 4 shouldn't win game of the year:

That weapons modification system that I heard so much about prior to release... yeah, it sucks too.

Basically, all weapons can be upgraded and modified. Scopes, stocks, receivers, suppressors, etc. Weapon modification is linked with the Gun Nut perk, each level of which unlocks the ability to add new upgrades to different guns.

Here are the problems:

1. There just aren't enough weapon choices. I started out with a modded hunting rifle for my sniper, a modded combat rifle as my primary weapon, a 10mm as my sidearm, and a double barrel shotgun as my close range weapon. I now use a slightly more modded hunting rifle as my sniper, a slightly more modded combat rifle as my primary weapon, a unique variant of the 10mm as my sidearm, and a combat shotgun as my close range weapon. The only real change I made in weapon choice from the beginning of the game to my now level 52 character (yeah, I know, I've devoted some time to this shit) is switching shotguns. That, to me, just shows there are not enough solid weapon choices. New Vegas offered loads of worthwhile, unique ballistic weapons. It made choosing a weapon require some actual thought aside from a simple "which one does the most damage?" Sure, there are plenty of other categories I could try, such as energy, radiation, or melee weapons, but that's not really how Fallout is supposed to work. You can't build a character that is good at all forms of combat from the early stages of the game. You have to pick something to specialize in and roll with it. Also, my guess is that the other categories are not significantly deeper than the ballistic weapons category.

2. The mods are cool for about the first 15 levels until you have them all. Guns dropped by enemies in the wasteland can be picked up, and the mods can be removed and placed on your own weapons. A lot of times, you can get your guns fully modded well before you actually reach the level that allows you to get the perk you need to upgrade them yourself. And once you have them all, you are done with weapon modification, unless you get to a high enough level that you can unlock the perks necessary to switch to a different category of weapons. But as I said, I'm sure they won't be much deeper than ballistic weapons. Just lame.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Where's Mario Kart for game cube?

7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Super Mario Maker, because **** all y'all

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

My true choice is Kerbal Space Program.

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Oh man, that's a helluva game. Was it released this year though? I know it was in Beta since the Clinton administration

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it's full release now. Still a big update coming that will allow it to utilize more than one core which will make the mod community explode.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What is that and why should I care?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

A computer game that simulates physics and such allowing you to develop your own rockets, planes, etc while achieving orbits, launching satellites, visiting the moon and other planets, etc.

You shouldn't care. It's just a game.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Damn, 97% on steam. Plus it's 40% off right now; I'll have to check it out.

Rocket league is a really fun game too.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you do, look at the mod scene too. Can add a lot of tweaks and extra parts for recreating real life aircraft and spacecraft.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's just a funny Bender quote I use.

I liked the physics game where you throw the bananas at each other.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The one with the two monkeys? That was a fun game.