2015 NC DT Shy Tuttle

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by BigOrangeBeech, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Our luck is about the only thing that would make that work. Solid point.

Otherwise they are more focused on surviving in their current form at this point.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I believe that this is entirely true, at least for the moment.

Imagine if the Big 5 conferences do force the 'AA to allow them to form their own division...they'd still be under the 'AA's oversight even in that new alignment. Perhaps they'd revisit a lot of this stuff, at that point.

I agree. But its wishful thinking in their part, at best. The Big 5 conferences are threatening to deal a death blow (quite rightfully, IMO) to the non-Big 5 schools. But the non-Big 5 schools can easily avoid that fate, by simply agreeing to die, and killing themselves, instead.

For now, they are much more focused on keeping the peace, however transient and untenable as it may be, going forward. As the Big 12 Commish noted the other day - the 'AA has not held a single infractions hearing in nearly a year. It's impossible to mistake that for some sudden wave of across-the-board compliance by member institutions.

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'm curious to know how much the Division IV talk impacts the NCAA...if it does at all.

4. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I know this isn't the right thread for this and it's probably already been discussed, but June Jones has an idea for the small conferences...

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/2014/07/21/june-jones-whiffs-on-spring-football-idea/

Guy today on the radio from Athlon Sports said the smaller programs would make much more money off advertising if they played their games in the spring. He said the small schools get hosed right now.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Who would buy advertising space during a Toledo v Bowling Green matchup in the spring? How much money could that possibly generate?

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I think those programs make more currently by taking $500k/game when going on the road against BCS competition.

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Nother CB came in yesterday for us. That makes 8 in a row and 11 out of the last 12. Hoping it all works out.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Not trying to be argumentative but he had stats to back up the opposite. I do not have them. But Braden Gall from Athlon sports had them and it was great.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He had stats to back up what the advertising revenue would be for small conference football in the spring?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Braden Gall is a pompous hipster [itch bay].

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yes he is

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Jack White fan, imo.

13. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're going with this.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Great documentary

[video=youtube;8R8puk3kImA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R8puk3kImA[/video]

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Hipsters love them some White Stripes guy.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Looks like somebody hooked you up with some orange and smokey gray letters. The Vol Illuminati has spoken.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I love it! Thanks for getting my case in front of the committee.

19. BigOrangeBeech

August 25th announcement date per VQ.

When asked why he moved his decision date up he said it was because teams are filling up.

Pretty telling when UNC is losing commits.

20. BigOrangeBeech

Also, it appears he will be an EE as he plans on graduating in the winter.