2016 Tennessee Top 10 In-state Talent

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by zero-sum, Dec 27, 2014.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Doesn't really matter to me when he commits, as long as he's in orange next year.

2. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Committed, silent or not, coaches don't won't that player, esp a player of Bituli's stature and talent, to continue "playing the game" or "see what else is out there", sends the wrong message

3. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

I know what you're saying, but as a coach the sooner the better particularly for a player like Bituli #1 player in state, #10 nationally at his position and #135 overall have a positive impact on the class and sell the program like Jones, Mac, Williams or Kelly and Hurd before them

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm certain this is true, but you can't force a HS kid to do anything he doesn't wanna do.

5. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

No, of course not. Usually (special circumstances aside) the conversation goes something like this coach says, "You do what's best (for you) but I can't promise we'll have room when the time comes."

Players like Bituli may (again depending on the situation) get a little more flexibility. Too, unlike '14 and '15 this class will probably be only 22-25

6. BigOrangeBeech

Aren't they saying he's gonna make a decision this summer? That'd be early enough for me. Anything before the season starts would be early.

7. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Yeah, something to the effect that he wanted to get it over before the season began and that he felt confident in being able to do so.

The point being, if he's a silent why wait? Commit now, impact the class, help recruit. I think Auburns still a big factor / threat. He said he wants to visit there possibly LSU and ND as well.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  8. BigOrangeBeech

Whether he's a silent not, who really knows. I just don't see it as that big of a deal at the moment. Now, if it drags into the season, and he's visiting schools and hasnt committed yet, I'd be a little worried.

9. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Big deal? Nah. I'm saying silent commits are pointless. If you're going to commit then pull the trigger ... commit if not, don't.

Worried? Why? With or w/o him the class will be fine.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree.