2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Finally, a stop. Fortunate on an open three, but it worked out. One more and that's game.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What a terrible shot from Florida. Long 3 when you’re down 2 and getting away with murder in the paint?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hit our fts and it's a W

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Feels like Blackshear hasn’t left the paint for the last 8 minutes.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

FYF

Ssmiff likes this.
  6. Unimane

Whew. I don't want to get my hopes up, but win one next week and two in Nashville. We will be at 19 wins and...maybe.

7. Unimane

I'm still not understanding why there were no subs in the 2nd half. Last week, Barnes doesn't use timeouts during a run, saying it wouldn't help. This week he does. This week, he has the Florida guards blowing by tired Vols and doesn't sub in a solid defender in Gaines. Makes no sense and we were a desperation three from Fulky from another blown lead.

8. Ssmiff

Uni only things I can think of are, and i think of this as reasons why I would consider
    --we had to have Vescovi and Bowden with the way they were pressuring, plus in the bonus, and I dont think he trusted NK or Gaines with the d pressure on the ball at that time and Uros was a cooler. Add in the other option is JJ and that dude is scared to have the ball unless flicking a shot.
    --Everytime fulk sat UF went on a run
    --forgot, or, wanted to see his guys fight and pull it out.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This team blows leads like Butch Jones is their coach.

10. Ssmiff

Honestly man it happens all day. Something about being down and you feel fearless because [uck fay]it, you are down and nothing to lose. Then shots fall and momentum is turnt. That's a reason why I love the game. Shot clock era, a 15 pt lead with 15 to play is nothing. We just came back from that deficit against somebody recently.

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

About time we had some dumb luck go in our favor.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Did not realize Ryan Childress was all time wins leader as a player with 98.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

15. Ssmiff

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Nothing like a good ass beating of UF at home.

17. Ssmiff

Uni I saw where Barnes touched on subbing and guys who were tired. Basically, Fulk didnt want to come out and Barnes said [uck fay]it we are riding with this crew. Debatable if it was a great decision, but something deeper being built in that situation than some rest, imo.
    And btw, not sure if yall have heard Fulk talk, but he is quiet and country, but a [uck fay]ing beast. He will be all sec coaches 1st team, the poll that counts.

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought he transferred out before he graduated?

19. Unimane

Yeah, and it nearly cost the game. And, I don't know about something deeper with the move. You need more than five guys to win games. We were a lucky three from Fulk from blowing a 19 point lead with 13 minutes to go.

20. Ssmiff

All true, but I do think he was testing the gut of a few.
    Imo, Gaines is the only one I woulda played, but he also csnt handle the ball and missed 2 fts so you know that's in his head.
    We were overdue a bs shot too. Teams hit them every week on us.