2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Unfortunately, East, well, Penny, got what they wanted out of the situation and moved on. Still one of the shadiest deals I've ever seen in high school sports, a former NBA star turned coach pays one of the most heralded prospect from Tennessee in years thousands of dollars to move 200 miles and play for him. Of course, from what I understand, Wiseman's deal to play at Ensworth wasn't entirely on the up and up, either.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Well, nothing that can be done about them, but hopefully gives way to good results at the AA level.

And yes, the Ensworth thing was probably just as shady, those guys just know how to cheat and screw you over if you go against them.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

lost what ruling?

4. CardinalVol

Wiseman and another kid were declared ineligible by TSSAA. East, Shelby Co, etc filed injunction in court and they got to play. Yesterday a judge ruled in favor of the TSSAA.

5. Ssmiff

there are a lot of private school kids all over the state who don't pay. Have a friend who's freshman son went down to private in nooga this year from brentwood and isn't paying a dime. Same thing all over the state. They may not "pay" them, but kids all over the state don't have to pay the 12-25k tuition

6. Unimane

Yes, I know those deals. I just heard, repeat heard, Wiseman got a little more than tuition help for his family.

7. Ssmiff

ok but im missing something. They are no longer at East. Sorry if i'm missing it. Not sure why East and HS ball is filing an injunction on behalf of a college player?

8. Ssmiff

evidently the market was better in Memphis for his sr year

9. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Apparently Keon Johnson has signed today.

10. Ssmiff

today is NLI day 1

11. Unimane

Ah, I love the no drama of the basketball commits.

CitrusCo.Vol and IP like this.
  12. CardinalVol

They've had it filed since Wiseman transferred there and it's just now being resolved.

Ssmiff likes this.
  13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

The local writers are already suggested that they should settle.

I think the realization that the school might really get [uck fay]ed over long after Wiseman is drafted is starting to creep in.

14. CardinalVol

I'm 100% counting on this.

15. Ssmiff

of course it will change but thru 2 games, Pons:
    14-18 from field including 4/5 from three, 11 rebounds, 7 blocks.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

tres bien, n'est pas?

17. Ssmiff

bonjour

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Qu’ils mangent de la brioche

19. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Walker and Springer also

A-Smith likes this.
  20. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Gary Parrish, IMO, has been hand fed information from the 'AA side and from someone at Memphis as well. Preach everyday on radio that both sides need to come to the table, says Memphis should have held him out, then suggest there could be a resolution for both parties, then all the sudden has sources saying the two will likely have something worked out before the hearing....

If this is true, he has been kicking around 8-10 games... if that is true, it would appear he was being used to float crap out there ahead of time.