2019-2020 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Indy, Mar 29, 2019.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Now that our 2021 recruits are signed - Barnes can retire and let's bring Steve Forbes home.

2. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

This bunch is about where I thought they would be.
    They dont have a "go to" guy when they need a bucket. They had 2 of those last year in Grant and AS.
    They cant consistently clamp down for 8 to 12 point runs.
    Gonna be a lot more up and down with this group. You re needing some things that havent had time to develop and others that you just dont have right now.

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They would all leave.

4. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The part really concerning to me is the inability to get easy buckets when pressed. If you break a press, there should be an advantage you can press, but we never do. We pull the ball back, afraid to attack the rim or make the pass for an easy shot.

IP likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don't think we are gonna finish better than around 8 wins in the SEC. Not sure that's enough for a bid. Really need the Wisconsin win now.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah this is what I thought we would be when Plavsic got ruled ineligible.

I think I considered 19 wins and a tourney birth an achievement with this roster. Let's hope we get there.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have a small lineup and athletes to finish and have spot ups on the wing or corner, but we never attack when pressured. No idea why we dont take the numbers and get a rhythm shot or get to ft line vs backing it out and running 5 v 5 with poor ballhandling and no in/out game.

lol vol likes this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We have lower half of the SEC personnel this year IMO.

9. Ssmiff

Meanwhile LSU gets blown out by etsu and ky loses to Utah.

10. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

SEC sucks this year

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This is why I said what I said about JJJ after the first game this season, and everybody acted like I was an idiot.

There were a couple longgggg stretches last season where Bowden and Turner couldn’t do a damn thing offensively. This team can’t survive that without another legitimate scorer, and I thought JJJ needed to be that guy. If we are counting on Fulk or Pons as our go to scorers when Bowden and Turner aren’t hitting, then we are [uck fay]ed.

And I’m not saying it has anything to do with JJJ’s ability as a player long term. Maybe by his second or third year, he’s legit. I’m just merely pointing out the obvious impact on this year’s team.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Biggest problem on this team is at PG bad as I hate to say it.

Lamonte is an all time favorite of mine.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d definitely take Lamonte in my foxhole. He’d be ok if he was 100%

A-Smith likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Bone, Bowden, Grant, Pons/JJJ, Fulk, Turner, Uros. Woulda been fun to battle with those 8 this year. 2 go pro early for the first time at UT in no telling how long and 1 gets [uck fay]ed by the ncaa.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

[dadgum] this team sucks offensively.

16. Ssmiff

Off top of my head, UT is now 7-50 from 3 last 2 games and this 0-8 game.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yep it’s hard to watch at the moment

18. Ssmiff

Jalen Johnson. Goodness. Sit down.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No reason for him to see action if he can’t hit shots. Give Gaines his minutes.

20. Ssmiff

You aren't called The Ticket unless you can play. I like his game and release. Jalen is just soft mentally and physically. Miss 2 open 3s then foul on a 3. Momentum killer