2019 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Feb 8, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Happy Brian Maurer day. He’s in the Elite 11 finals so hopefully he’s not too shabby.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Law of averages tells me that one day, eventually, we’re going to get a quarterback here that can actually play the position and throw strikes.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm guessing his height depresses his star ranking. And we've seen that height isn't as critical as once believed

4. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

247 has him 6’2, ESPN 6’3, and Rivals 6’4 so who really knows. I think his arm is probably what holds him back in the rankings. Not a huge arm but seems to be smart and accurate. Trent Dilfer and the Elite 11 guys seem to like him. He’s a 4 star on ESPN. He also runs a 4.7 40.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Kiffin was one of the first guys on this kid. I would say that is a good sign.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

My hope is that JG takes the job for the next couple of years, makes improvements and gets us going and then in 2020 we land the Bailey kid out of GA and this years QB class being down wont bite us too bad.

7. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

JG needs to be our QB in the 2019 and 2020 seasons. You do what you can to keep him around this year.

8. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he doesn't start this year he gone.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I get the feeling that the coaches expect Chryst to win the competition, so they've ramped up their efforts to get two QBs in this class.

We went from slow playing that Howell kid to taking this guy ASAP.

11. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

They didn’t like Howell. They said he was basically a midget in person.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

3 star heart?

13. BigOrangeBeech

I really hope it's not the case. If Chryst wins the job, Guarantano will be gone. We'll be sitting here with no back up this year and have to rely on a lesser true freshman next year, and as already had been started is a terrible QB class.

The best scenario to play out would be JG win the job, Chryst backs him up, JG starts again next year and we bring in a top notch 2020 guy.

14. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

The staff like JG a lot. They’re not going to let him transfer.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hope that this is true.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If this happens, and I have no idea if it will or not, then the Bailey kid would have to start as a true frosh. Is he that kind of talent?

Is there anyone in the 2019 class that can be a franchise QB, so as to let them redshirt JG’s senior year?

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Interesting considering who they are heavily perusing.

18. BigOrangeBeech

He's a top 40 rated prospect overall for the 2020 class and number 2 rated pro style QB. He probably will end up a 5 star. So the ranking services at least think highly of him.

But I'm like you, who knows how they plan out until they get here.

We will still take a QB or 2 this year anyway so there will be a couple on the roster that have a year in the program before hed get here.

19. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

This is going to be a top 10 class.

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

In the 8-12 range.