POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's a wise choice to balance a ticket

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I had a "pre existing" rotator cuff tear for 9 years before insurance finally said they would cover it, while paying 1k a month private pay, while medicare and other patients didn't have to wait. I'm pretty biased when it comes to medical care, especially when my taxes pay for people to have procedures, which my own personal insurance wouldn't cover as they chose fines instead. I imagine people getting it for free have no problem with that scenario, but I do and its bullshit.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I love that media is giving Sanders the same red scare as Trump.

We're truly in another period of McCarthyism. If someone outside of the establishment starts gaining, the Russians are behind it.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

At least Bernie is a Commie!

warhammer, Memtownvol and Tenacious D like this.
  5. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

On this site? 100%!

6. gcbvol

I don't believe for a second Russia is moving the needle for any candidate here. However, I do buy they want chaos and political/social polarization here. The two candidates likely to maintain/grow the chasm are Trump and Sanders so it makes sense they'd prefer one of them to win.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If it’s not moving the needle, who cares what they want as it happens to align with what the populace here wants as well.

I can see why they’d want sanders and Trump. Neither one are hawks and keep the war games going.

Memtownvol and NashVol11 like this.
  8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Russia doesn't give one flip who we elect, same as in 2016. They were not working FOR Trump. They were working to sow discord in the USA, and it has worked like a charm.

gcbvol likes this.
  9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not true. I don't think it's Russia. We're sowing the discord ourselves.

It doesn't help that progressives are anti-free speech and push censorship and cancel culture. Those anti-american views. You might be a dumbass, but you should have a voice.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It is going to be chaos when Bernie gets screwed out of the nomination again.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  12. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

yay capitalism!

14. gcbvol

You'll get no arguments from me on how [uck fay]ed up healthcare is in this country; this is a perfect and terrible example. We desperately need change.

Some Truth - If Bernie wins the absolute most he can do is maintain/improve a public option, decrease prescription drug prices and cap out of pocket expenses. M4A has zero chance of passing and we all know it. Pete is proposing doing all of these things with his plan and establishing a glide path to single payer. He's being honest and pragmatic. Many people like, or believe they like, their private plans and are going to resist losing them for something new. People are largely resistant to change and a phasic approach has the best (perhaps only) chance of implementation.

There's really little difference in what Pete and Bernie can actually get done in terms of healthcare.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  15. gcbvol

Bingo. And the two most divisive candidates in the race are Trump and Sanders. It's not difficult to understand.

16. gcbvol

They were working to sow discord. How effective they were is very questionable and I agree with you we did to ourselves. But chaos in the US benefits Russia, no matter the responsible party.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

18. Tenacious D

There is 0.0% chance that either Mayor Pete or Sanders healthcare plans get enacted.

None. Zero.

19. Tenacious D

Luckily, the left has handled themselves well in light of Trump’s winning in 2016.

justingroves likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

discord has been there imo. We do it to ourselves. People don't like the thought of that, so they look for an escape goat, iykwim