2020 Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Aug 17, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

This is the best combination of talent and coaching we've had on The Hill in 15 years. Unfortunately, the most important position is the biggest question mark.

I'd love to see JG progress to just being consistently average to the point of not actively losing us games and able to keep the defense from loading up on the run or Pruitt turning Bailey loose, but I'm not sure either of those happen.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I'm not sleeping on Maurer or Shrout as other options. They've been in the system 1 year, they've had to improve right?

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think Maurer might still be able to do something. He made some bone headed plays last year, but also showed some flashes at times. I think you can still work with him.

Shrout on the other hand, I just dont know. Great arm for sure. Just not sure he's got it between the ears.

I think a QB not named Guarantano will get a shot at some point this year. Maybe 2 of em.

Memtownvol and Volgrad98 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

You will not have more QB's with meaningful snaps than you have losses. JMO.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

First time in a long time there's actually depth on the lines of scrimmage

warhammer and OneForVol like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Agreed, and with coaching that isn't completely suspect.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

In case you want a visual,

[​IMG]

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

JG will be fine. It will click this year for him. Doesn't mean there won't be some frustrating moments.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Would so love for you to be right and he throw 30 TDs this year. I just dont see it though.

10SEvols likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

First swing pass of the year to the rb is lofted softly to where the rb can catch with momentum or rifled behind him and low?

11. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

A tenth year senior (feels like) is what he is. He’s not getting significantly better over the off season. Basilio calls him a restrictor plate. It’s really the perfect description. The offense is restricted to 21 to 24 points with him in there. Is what it is at this point. I have to hope that one of the other QBs steps up because if they don’t JG will cost a game or two again.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean hell, he threw for 400 yards against Missouri. 24 points.

justingroves likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was an ugly 400 yard passing game

warhammer likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

I dont remember that game at all. Nothing about it

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

It comes on SEC Network about once a week.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Can you get it streaming? We just ditched cable. Long overdue. Im embarrassed to say what i was paying. Now im paying half for xfinity streaming, wifi and email

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yeah, not sure what how where though

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Here it is:

hohenfelsvol and Ssmiff like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Best part was Jennings taking the same DB’s lunch money twice on the same TD catch

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was more that the receivers had 400 yards receiving than JG had 400 yards passing. They caught some balls that had no business being completions and there were some passes that could have easily been bigger gains if they were accurate.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    Memtownvol and IP like this.