2021 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by govols182, Jan 25, 2020.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Some of you coaches, is this good?

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Rhiyad Jones ran that drill better than anyone so I don't put a ton of stock in it correlating to on field production.

justingroves likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yikes. That was not a comp I was fishing for.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you learn enough of those agility drills, and can market on social media.

You can make some good money selling to parents thinking that will be the difference

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

True. With kids being trained at ages 12 and 13 now too, more athletes are agility trained and earlier on. Many of whom are good at agility but football is a different game.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

So it'll get you an offer from Butch Jones?

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Very true. This is exactly why I think the NFL Combine is theater and the only thing that it truly highlights is which NFL GMs are slightly more retarded than the rest.

8. Ssmiff

My 3rd son is very good at 7 v 7. His coaches are former NFL players who taught him the footwork for 15+ routes and they do a whole lot of agility and explosion work. But, he would get run over on the field and doesnt have the dog personality needed right now to go hit somebody. And i get it. Hes 5'2 85 lbs. Brentwood middle rb is 6'0 155 and set school track records as a 7th grader. Go low and he gets a knee in the head. Go high and kids bounce off. He figures whats the point.
    Couple pics from playing Ensworth last season. We played up an age but still, look at the safety. Believe their entire 8th grade team may have already been 14. My son in green trying to pave the way for a swing pass. We competed. If it was tackle, we wouldve had no team after a few plays

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only real relevant information teams get at the combine are physicals and which ones are too stupid to pass a drug test. Face to face meetings are good too, I guess

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Looks like we are going to get Wolfe if we want him.
    Colsons family background is Michigan, not mid tn. If those around him werent pushing Michigan so hard, he would jump on board.

A-Smith likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Wolfe is wanted

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes, albeit he's from high school arch rival. Kid's the real deal.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My kid is a 70 pound 4th grader. I get it.

However, he is not scared to put all 70 pounds into you and has potential to be a decent safety.

Ssmiff likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Yeah they have to want the contact. Mine would rather skip the contact, but a lot of it is size. When your boy gets to middle, he will be going up against held back kids who already have mustaches and are 6'2. Its not much fun until size and puberty happens to equal the playing field. And some of those 6'2 kids are done growing early

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

and A-Smith too apparently.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would probably be a Butch Jones level coach if I started my coaching career right now.

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And yet they let the dog fall to the last round.

18. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Bet you would have enough sense to go for it on 4th down from the 2 inch line.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah the in-game decisions is probably the one thing I could do well enough.

20. Ssmiff

With an rpo from the gun. Gotta give it a couple seconds to develop..