2021 season thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Imagine if he learns to slide in the pocket and pick his head up as safeties and lbs come after him. Really my only complaint. He can get a little antsy and when he decides to run he can't see 2 feet in front of him, which is part of the reason he has taken some awkward hits downfield.
    Almost daily though, I picture 3 years of JG and what we have become so quickly offensively. We had zero idea last year right now we would look like this

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Come on Tillman

3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I am forced to watch Nebraska lose with Martinez weekly (though he was out yesterday) and he and JG are 2 peas in a pod. 3-9. So I definitely appreciate the change.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We've got to get better linebackers than Banks and Beasley. Beasley is so often caught out of position it's sad

TDVol1989 likes this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our secondary is garbage as well

TDVol1989 likes this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Flowers and McCullough are definitely bad. And Burrell never seems to get a stop.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

McCullough and Flowers just watched that receiver score the 2-pt conversion. So bad

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've scored 45 points, haven't really been challenged at all, and I'm still annoyed.

God it feels good to feel like this again.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

7-5. Respect to Heupel. Let's just enjoy it

10. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Good shit, looks like the Mayo or MCB with Auburn beating Alabama. They'll most certainly get the TaxSlayer

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He just got his 1st…ever. Maybe his only

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hooker with highest qbr in UT reg season history and I believe we have a chance to break the scoring record.
    Btw bama about 5-17 on 3rd downs. 15-20 vs us.
    Have to get off the field next year

13. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

From what I thought this team was going to be at the beginning of the summer, 7 wins is big. Plus, we have a chance to hit 8 with a bowl win. No year zero/learning how to win talk, no transfer/investigation excuses, this staff took what they had and maximized what they could get. This staff got me to enjoy Tennessee football again and it's been a while since I've been able to say that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I expected 7-5 if Heupel was worth a shit. Well, he got it and was a few snaps away from 9-3.

He did what a "good" coaching staff would do with this roster. He continues to grow from here, he's going to have Tennessee in the running for the sec championship game quickly.

Go win the bowl, finish recruiting on a high note and hit the portal hard

15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

TaxSlayer is still in play I guess

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd be happy with Music City

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Period.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's definitely an easier trip for me

lylsmorr likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton may actually be less aware on a football field than Guarantano.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

40 minute drive and home in my bed as opposed to Jacksonville or Memphis or Charlotte. If it were a sexier destination than any of those 3 I'd be down