2021 season thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 11, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Jerry Palm currently has us in the Mayo Bowl versus Clemson.

Memtownvol likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Whipping Clemson's ass would be a nice boost in recruiting

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You get up two scores on Kentucky and they're going to have a hard time catching up. They have one big play receiver and then a plodding big 10 style rushing offense

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've held our own against 3 teams that IMO, are better than Kentucky. Go out and play ball and we can win.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

As Smiff pointed out, 3 Heisman candidate quarterbacks in our 4 losses. The remaining schedule is clear of those.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Stoops is 2-6 against Tennessee (only wins are against guys getting fired that year) and Kentucky is what, 4-35 since 1980?

It doesn't really matter how good Kentucky thinks they are, they have a lot of history saying they're going to lose

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We are also very good against the run. I definitely think the defense will stop them far more than they stop us on offense.

We will be coming off a bye and I think the staff will have the team ready to play. I hesitate to predict it, but I think a large beatdown is coming.

Tar Volon likes this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You put some respect on future mortgage lender/real estate agent Stetson Bennett IV

emainvol likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only game I expect to lose left is Georgia and if Kirby Smart goes Kirby Dumb that game, all bets are off.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I miss they days when we "expected" to win every game, even when we did not.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We whip Kentucky IYAM

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Get healthy up front and we can match up with them decently

13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If he sticks with his idiotic 2 QB system it could crack the door open a bit. But that door will slam back shut if we don’t have Cade back. Their DL will destroy Dayne Davis all day if we have to play him

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We’re going to get thumped by Georgia. It might take them all 4 quarters to do it though

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Everybody has had their way with 66 so far

16. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

This is exactly what I’m thinking. It will be much like the Bama game where we are in it until our depth catches up with us.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

These games would look a little different if UT jumped into the lead and held on into the second half, such that clock pressure comes into play. The depth floor drops out when we are down a score or more late in the third, and possessing the ball for all of a minute.

Memtownvol and chavisut like this.
  18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Need quality depth on the DL and LBs desperately. I think I read Butler played 80 snaps the other night.

19. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Mitchell going out for the year was a killer. Beasley's not nearly as good right now

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I thought Mitchell kind of sucked

TDVol1989 likes this.